What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Cover Lifter Question  (Read 3401 times)

TimC

Hot Spring Cover Lifter Question
« on: September 18, 2004, 10:55:32 pm »
Well, now I am into the nitty-gritty of the purchase negotiations.

We have a price, but it seems that some of the things that I assumed (yes, I kow what that means  ;) )were included are only sort of included.

The biggest is the Cover Lifter.  I am told that the standard cover lifter is a "Cover Butler" and not one of the CoverCradle products.

Is he correct, or is he trying to reduce my price then charge me more for the extras that I thought were at one time included?

p.s.

Same for step, knocked an additional 300 off, but now the step will cost $99

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Cover Lifter Question
« on: September 18, 2004, 10:55:32 pm »

TimC

Re: Hot Spring Cover Lifter Question
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 11:20:44 pm »
He says that the Cover Cradle is a $150 upgrade.

Chris_H

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 11:42:32 pm »
Tim,
Price is obviously different between dealers.  Also the options that are included in the purchase also vary between dealer.  Normally, dealers will charge for the Hotspring Cover Cradle because it does cost the dealer substantially more than a cover butler.  I would expect a up-charge on the Cover Cradle versus the cover butler.
Also, if you have to purchase steps, you might as well purchase the best steps on the planet.  The "Everwood" Steps that are offered by Hotspring.  They are expensive. They should retail in the $400 - $500 dollar range.  This would absolutley be a upcharge.  Do not even try to get them for free.  They will laugh you out of the store.

UnderTheStars

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 09:33:11 am »
Hi Tim!  I noticed (and was a little surprised) by this too.  In my area it seems to be the common practice for the dealer to negotiate/quote the tub with "non-brand" peripherals (steps & cover lifter.)  

For example, my HotSpring dealer doesn't have any HotSpring steps on the floor.  I happened to notice (hey, these don't look like the steps in the brochure. . .")  I was told, "oh, they are just as good but a better price."  They were more than willing to upcharge but I don't think they would have brought it up had I not asked.  Being new to hottubs It's easy to miss this until it arrives.  As I said, seemed to be a common practice.  I bet a lot of first time tub buyers never realize or not until the tub has been delivered and in use.

I guess that's the way the industry does it.  It put me off just a bit.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2004, 09:40:32 am by UnderTheStars »

TimC

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 09:05:05 pm »
Greta info, thanks

I went back up and tried the Butler, Cradle, and Upright.

All seemd just about as easy to use.  

I think I can be happy with the butler, but the chain that holds the frame to the side of the tub looks a little weak.

Anyone have any positive or negative feedback on this aspect (or any other) for the Cover Butler?

Thanks

Tim ???

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 09:05:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42