What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa arriving Friday - advice on delivery?  (Read 4424 times)

zacman

Spa arriving Friday - advice on delivery?
« on: September 15, 2004, 10:05:22 pm »
Our new optima will be here Friday morning. All is ready for its hook up.  Any last minute advice regarding things to discuss with the dealer on delivery and set up ? Things to make sure I ask about, or make sure get done or explained after it is hooked up and before they leave?

Hot Tub Forum

Spa arriving Friday - advice on delivery?
« on: September 15, 2004, 10:05:22 pm »

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Re: Spa arriving Friday - advice on delivery?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 10:14:26 pm »
Are you hooking up the wiring?  Or do you have an electrician coming back out once it's in place?

In either case you'll want to make sure the delivery guys set the wiring configuration on the tub if you are going with 30amp or 60amp.   The default config is for a 50amp circuit.  We had ours changed to 60amp as that what our electrician wired up for us.  It doesn't appear that this is in the manual anywhere so I wouldn't know how to change it after the fact.

Hope your delivery goes well.  Enjoy!!  8)
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

zacman

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 10:23:31 pm »
We are going with 50 amp service, have discussed this with the dealer, and have already installed a new 50 amp GFI sub panel.  Wires (#6) already pulled to the spa pad and ready for the spa to be placed down there.  The dealer came out before for a pre-deliver site review and sees no issues.  Dealer will hook up the wires to the spa.

UnderTheStars

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 10:24:25 pm »
Good points Bulmer!  When mine came, I had my electrician back the next morning to final connect.  I wasn't too worried about water care 'cause my dealer has a Sat. am. class at the store.  We took the class the week before the tub came.

Some dealers go over chems with you when they deliver.  If that's the case, take lots of notes 'cause you'll need to refer back to them.  Other than that, don't over-anticipate.  It all will most likely go smoothly.  The chems are a little confusing for the first few days.  After a week you'll feel  confident.  (Then after a couple weeks you'll realize you've screwed up the chem part the first 2 weeks and THEN really get it.  Someone called the first couple weeks "the mad scientist syndrome."  It happened to me - no big deal)

The biggest thing is, YOU'RE GETTIN A HOTTUB!  and you'll be soaking this weekend.  Congratulations!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 10:25:37 pm by UnderTheStars »

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 10:52:14 pm »
The chems are a little confusing for the first few days.  After a week you'll feel  confident.  (Then after a couple weeks you'll realize you've screwed up the chem part the first 2 weeks and THEN really get it.  Someone called the first couple weeks "the mad scientist syndrome."  It happened to me - no big deal)

This is so true!  The first week or 2 we had a lot of cloudy and foaming issues...  Since then the water has been crystal clear (we've only had ours 5 weeks).  Seems the less you muck with it the better it gets.

Another thing that we did that helped keeping the water clearer was to increase the filtration cycles to 1 hour 4 times a day instead of 30 minutes.  We also hose down the filter once a week.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 11:25:22 pm »
Make sure the delivery team does not roll the tub on its side as there is no padding and the cabinet can be easily cracked.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 07:28:57 am »
I have to echo the above posts, a little goes a long way when dealing with water care and chems.  

As other wise people on this board have said, relax and it will come to you!!!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 07:52:26 am »
Our new optima will be here Friday morning. All is ready for its hook up.  Any last minute advice ?

Stay up late Thursday night, if you go to bed too early, you will be waking up every hour thinking about the delivery day, so make yourself as tired as possible.  In the morning, don't put on your watch, you wil be tempted to look at it every 5 minutes.  Finally, if you haven't heard from anyone by noon, call the dealer, the delivery company, and possibly the FBI. Nothing worse than a missed delivery.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Dave_L

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 08:39:45 pm »
I laugh at what wmccall says. The day before the delivery of our tub ( 2weeks ago), I felt like I was 8 years old and it was Christmas Eve.  The problem is I'm 43 years old (although still very much a kid at heart).

I have bought a few toys and new cars over the years, but I don't recall being that excited.   :)

Dave

zacman

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 10:37:23 pm »
Soaking.

Later.

Roborph

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004, 11:28:48 pm »
 I had my delivery and the electrician arrive on the same day. While the electrician was running wire and hooking the tub up, I was filling..Talk about instant gradification!!

Sol_Dahbrishinsky

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2004, 12:28:01 am »
Sobe:

If you don't roll do you expect the delivery people tolay it flat? What if there is no room to lay flat?

Thanks in advance

Sol

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2004, 01:17:51 am »
Sol,
    I guess that sliding the tub on a piece of thick plywood be better than rolling the tub.
I wonder if anyone else had a problem when the tub was rolled into place.

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2004, 09:46:36 am »
Didn't have it rolled but they put it on its side on a thick piece of what looked like carpet and something else.  My brother brought over his 4 wheeler (slight incline to the backyard) and they hooked it up with a rope and as he drove it they kept it from falling over.  Worked great and less work.  Once they got it to the location they lifted it into place and we were filling it within a few minutes with the electrician showing up shortly afterwards.  No cracks or leaks.  Did get alittle dirt on the cabinet but hey it came clean.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2004, 09:46:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42