What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Another newbie needing advice  (Read 2501 times)

Hornetmech242

Another newbie needing advice
« on: May 06, 2019, 10:36:41 pm »
My wife and I have decided to get the family a hot tub.  We went to our local Sundance dealer and liked what we saw. It's the only place we have so our knowledge is what he have from them. They gave us the price of $7295 on a McKinkey and $9295 on the Chelsee.  The 880 series is a little out of our price range.  So I guess I'm basically asking if those prices are in the ball park or should we go shop our other two stores first? Both included top/support, chemicals, deliver and setup.

Hot Tub Forum

Another newbie needing advice
« on: May 06, 2019, 10:36:41 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Another newbie needing advice
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 08:20:46 am »
My wife and I have decided to get the family a hot tub.  We went to our local Sundance dealer and liked what we saw. It's the only place we have so our knowledge is what he have from them. They gave us the price of $7295 on a McKinkey and $9295 on the Chelsee.  The 880 series is a little out of our price range.  So I guess I'm basically asking if those prices are in the ball park or should we go shop our other two stores first? Both included top/support, chemicals, deliver and setup.

So you have Sundance, what brands do the other two stores have?
Retired

Hornetmech242

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 11:00:54 am »
Looks like one offers Hotsprings and other has American Whoorlpool, Vita and Elite. The one we went to had two with water so not much wet testing going on there. Going to the Hotsprings dealer later today I hope.

mjb

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 12:20:49 pm »
The prices quoted are reasonable. 
If you want really great jet / massage action and better filtration, moving up to the Chelsee is why many of our customers go that direction.  But you can't lose either way.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 07:32:15 pm »
The prices quoted are reasonable. 
If you want really great jet / massage action and better filtration, moving up to the Chelsee is why many of our customers go that direction.  But you can't lose either way.

Why better filtration? More filters? Circ. Pump? Is so does it move more water in 24 hrs than the jet pump for say, 4-6 hours?

I get the rest, more HP, different jetting.

Askin for the benefit of the newbie.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 07:32:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42