What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Tub - Narrowed down and ready for feedback!  (Read 5325 times)

Hoff70

First Tub - Narrowed down and ready for feedback!
« on: March 25, 2019, 11:27:57 am »
Hi All-

Firstly, I've been reading this forum every night for weeks now as I've been researching my first tub purchase. Thanks to all for the wealth of information. My new Trex deck is nearly complete and reinforced/designed for my hot tub. I've done a ton of research and narrowed down to the following tubs based on my budget and local dealer offerings. I'm open to any and all feedback ! Hoping to wet test this week or next.

Jacuzzi J-245 - price quoted $5700
Bullfrog X6L - $5700
Bullfrog X7 - $6200

and an outsider of...

Caldera Marino - $7500

All include delivery, steps, cover and lifter.

Looking forward to everyone's thoughts!! Thanks again!!

Hoff

Hot Tub Forum

First Tub - Narrowed down and ready for feedback!
« on: March 25, 2019, 11:27:57 am »

castletonia

Re: First Tub - Narrowed down and ready for feedback!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 01:45:25 pm »
All quality brands.  No idea on whether those are good prices on the Bullfrog or Jacuzzi.  Research the dealer and let the wet test decide.  Price on the Caldera Marino is on the high side.

Sam

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 02:19:04 pm »
Those are good prices on the Bullfrog.  Great if they include ozone.  For such a small difference in price, the X7 over the X6L is the way to go.  2 pumps and a little bit more room for $500. 

All quality built spas.  You probably can't go wrong with any of them, assuming that they meet your personal needs.

Hoff70

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 03:59:27 pm »
Great point, thanks Sam.

I admit to being a novice on all of this. What is the benefit of 2 pumps vs 1? Also what is the benefit of a tub having Ozone vs not having it?

Thanks again!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 06:43:41 pm »
  Pricing on the Jacuzzi, and the Bullfrogs is crazy stupid.  Pick one of those 3 if they work for you the X7 or the J245 would be at the top of the "I gotta great deal" category!    Caldera no idea. 

bradleyabell

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 10:52:56 am »
Great point, thanks Sam.

I admit to being a novice on all of this. What is the benefit of 2 pumps vs 1? Also what is the benefit of a tub having Ozone vs not having it?

Thanks again!

2 pumps...one pump works half of the jets the other does the other half of the jets = more power to each jet

Ozone is a natural way to clean your tub and allows you to be able to use less chemicals.

I bought a Bullfrog X8L September 2017 and LOVE it...Paid $6.8k for it before sales tax (cash).  Definitely wet test a lounger version and a non-lounger, as we did not think for a second we would like the lounger, but turns out after the wet test that we LOVED it.  Let me know if you have any more questions!

Hoff70

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 03:59:56 pm »
Well thank you all (especially Jacuzzi Jim!) for the feedback! We wet tested the J-245 & J-335 today. By far we liked the J-245... no lounger for us. I liked it but my wife did not. The additional 3k in price was not justifiable for lighted cup holders and some small bells and whistles. The additional warranty was appealing to me but not for that price.

Anyway... I ended up buying the J-245 for $5776... out the door for $6239 including tax, delivery, cover, lifter and chemicals. Cash.

Very excited and can't wait for delivery! Thanks to all in the forum for the help!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 07:46:08 pm by Hoff70 »

bradleyabell

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 01:51:04 pm »
Well thank you all (especially Jacuzzi Jim!) for the feedback! We wet tested the J-245 & J-335 today. By far we liked the J-245... no lounger for us. I liked it but my wife did not. The additional 3k in price was not justifiable for lighted cup holders and some small bells and whistles. The additional warranty was appealing to me but not for that price.

Anyway... I ended up buying the J-245 for $5776... out the door for $6239 including tax, delivery, cover, lifter and chemicals. Cash.

Very excited and can't wait for delivery! Thanks to all in the forum for the help!

Let us know how your delivery and first soak goes!  I'm sure you'll have more questions related to water chemistry etc once you get going...Feel free to ask!

Hoff70

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 08:20:35 pm »

Let us know how your delivery and first soak goes!  I'm sure you'll have more questions related to water chemistry etc once you get going...Feel free to ask!

I really appreciate that Bradleyabell! Actually, just had the electrician out today. Of course per code we can't put the panel box where I want it, so he needs to access under our new deck... which currently is impossible. So, I spoke with the deck builder and he's going to come out and add an access door... what's another $275 at this point?! Haha... it'll actually be a benefit for storage and things.

Cannot wait for that first soak!! Will keep you all posted.

Thanks again!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 10:32:57 am »

I really appreciate that Bradleyabell! Actually, just had the electrician out today. Of course per code we can't put the panel box where I want it, so he needs to access under our new deck... which currently is impossible. So, I spoke with the deck builder and he's going to come out and add an access door... what's another $275 at this point?! Haha... it'll actually be a benefit for storage and things.

Thanks again!

Might as well do it right though if I'd known the electrician I might have asked him not to hassle the Hoff70.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hoff70

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 12:32:55 pm »

Thanks again!

Might as well do it right though if I'd known the electrician I might have asked him not to hassle the Hoff70.

NICE PULL!

Hoff70

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 09:57:53 pm »
Update!

We finally got our tub delivered and installed today. Took a little longer than expected from the dealer, but patience is a virtue. Anyway... had my first soak tonight... actually 3 soaks... WOW... so worth the wait! I feel so relaxed right now!

A couple questions:

My tub has 2 pumps but no circ pump. I was told to leave pump 1 on low the circulate the water when not in use. Do I leave this on ALL the time? Or can I just turn it on like an hour or 2 before we use the tub?

Regarding chemicals... I'm a total novice here. I did the test strip and added a tablespoon of chlorine... strip came out ok. Not perfect but ok. There seem to be so many different options for chemicals. Is it possible that my home tap water is decent enough to where I only need to add chlorine every few days and conditioner when needed?

Major thanks to this forum for all the help!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 09:57:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42