What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help with final decision  (Read 27727 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Help with final decision
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2004, 01:58:49 pm »
You can't really compare US pricing with Canadian pricing. It's not the same even if you do the current exchange rate. The markets are totally different...just like they are in several of the different states. In my area (Ontario, Canada) that is a great deal from what I have seen. Anyone else in the area want to comment on price?

Thanks,
Chris.

Good idea.  How about someone who lives in Canada, and who actually BOUGHT a spa help out.

Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2004, 01:58:49 pm »

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2004, 02:46:15 pm »
Chris,

How about driving to MI or WI and buying in the US?  Do you have or have access to a flatbed truck?  It may cost 100 to 200 to rent a truck for day.  And a 100 to have a crane place it in the right spot.  So, thats 300 extra to buy in the US.

So, the US price is 8200 plus the 300 extra is 8500.  You would save 700 versus your 9200 US dollar price!

Your local SD dealer can help set up and provide service.

By the way, SD corp office told me in summary that your local SD dealer HAS to provide warranty service.  He may or may not charge a trip fee.  

Just imagine if you bought a spa in one state got a new job in another state or city and you moved out of the dealers territory, who is going to service you?  I posed this to the SD corp office and they said the closest dealer  has to service you.  I just mention this help buyers who are pressured into buying from their local dealer after the dealer pressured him/her by saying he/she must buy from him to get service!

d/c

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2004, 03:44:54 pm »
And then there are the two Sundance dealers within 150 miles of me that refused to sell to me becase there was a Sundance dealer within 20 miles of me.  Unfortunately, the closest dealer, whom I begged to sell me a spa, is a jerk.  The other dealers claimed Sundance does not allow them to sell outside of their districts.  And believe me, all I'm doing is reciting what I was told, FWIW.  Otherwise, today I'd own a Cameo.  Thank goodness I'm as pleased with the spa I bought as I would have been with the SD.
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2004, 03:45:08 pm »
einstein-

You forgot to put in the cost of gasoline, and any expenses incurred whilst on the road.  
So knock off a Benjamin for fuel on that $700 savings.
You seem pretty sure about truck rental rates in Canada.  Any issues renting a vehicle in one country and taking into another?  Add in another Benjamin for that.  Now our total savings is down to $500.  Less if you can't get a truck or crane that cheap in Canada.

Also-  If you take delivery of the spa from a far away place, once they plop it on the truck it's your responsibility if ANYTHING happens in transit.  Not to mention that if the LOCAL DEALER or whoever, delivers and installs the spa, any damage unloading or placing the spa is the responsibility of the dealer.  
Drop that spa off the back of the flatbed by accident, and goodbye savings.  No warranty on something like that.  
Who knows how much that could end up costing.

Doesn't sound like a very wise use of time or money so far.

Not to mention whatever issues one may incur crossing into the USA with an empty truck, and coming back with a spa purchased outside the country.  Gotta believe that the border patrol would want to see the paperwork on the spa.  
Not sure you could include that $7500 spa in the duty free goods you'd be allowed to bring back.  So don't forget to add the bribe to the border patrol into your list of expenses.  So say a the import duty on that spa is about $500, maybe even more.  So far, at best, you broke even.  Accounting for the time spent on this misguided trip, you're behind.  

Brewman
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 04:04:23 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

webber233

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2004, 04:01:34 pm »
Haha....thanks Brewman. I wasn't even going to offer a response to that option. Not even close to reasonable.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2004, 04:06:51 pm »
Shooting fish in a barrel. Kinda slow around here today...............
Brewman
Brewman

Sol_Dahbrishinsky

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2004, 04:11:10 pm »
See what I mean BREW

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2004, 04:14:38 pm »
 I think once you own a tub, you realize that it is sometimes just as enjoyable to sit with the colored light on, watch the stars, and not even have the pump running!  

I'm with Nubterd on this one.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

webber233

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2004, 04:31:21 pm »
Well guys....I just got off the phone with my Sundance Dealer. He is giving me an amazing deal now. Instead of the floor model tub, he is giving me a brand new Optima with all the same options minues the cover lifter and upgrading it to the CD ozonator for $11, 500.  I am going to go sign the papers and pick my colour after work! Thanks for all your help.

Chris.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2004, 04:40:30 pm »
Congratulations.  You will love that spa.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2004, 04:50:49 pm »
Excellent!  Let us know what colors you chose.  
You are getting the color change LED lites?  You won't regret spending the money on that.
Brewman
Brewman

Tubnerd

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2004, 04:52:16 pm »
The second happiest day to when they deliver the spa is the day you make the decision!  Now you can relax and wait for your first soak.  Congratulations--I'm sure you will love it!

McKevin

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2004, 06:01:05 pm »
Webber,

Maybe you should hold off for a few more suggestions & negotiating advise from Dazed.   He would have you still agonizing a year from now, while the rest of us are soaking...  ;)

Kevin
who undoubtedly paid WAY too much for my tub, but am loving it!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2004, 06:08:49 pm »
Maybe you should hold off for a few more suggestions & negotiating advise from Dazed.   He would have you still agonizing a year from now, while the rest of us are soaking...  ;)

I remeber 6 years ago when I first got in this industry and Dazed was early in his search for a spa. Its a good thing he's held off on his decision as they've improved spas greatly since then. When he is ready I imagine they'll be completely powered by hydrogen fuel cells and fully subsidized by the government so he won't have to worry about negotiating cost.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2004, 06:16:33 pm »

I remeber 6 years ago when I first got in this industry and Dazed was early in his search for a spa.

Has he really been stalking this purchase for six years?
 :o ??? ;D ::)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2004, 06:16:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42