What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help!!!! The Green Water Monster  (Read 23322 times)

cparlf

Re: Help!!!! The Green Water Monster
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2004, 11:36:26 am »
Aimesue, are you certain you are not losing water to evaporation?  I need to add an inch or so twice a week, more so if heavy use with four or more due to splashing.  My dog gets wet running around the outside so I do think there is some splash over.  An inch a day you would certainly see wet patio etc.?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2004, 11:36:26 am »

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2004, 02:00:04 pm »
This BaquaSpa thing is fascinating. My dealer was pushing really hard for it. My friend who recommended this dealer said, "stay away from Baqua." He had off gassing problems of some sort with coughing and not being able to breathe. I subsequently read many other people having problems of one sort or another with it. When I asked the dealer about all these "problems" he said that this was mainly due to end users not monitoring their water correctly, and maintaining good water chemistry. I asked if any of the tubs in the store had Baqua and he led me to two that both had an inch or so scum line around the water level! He was surprised and said that doesn't normally happen. There are people here using it with success, but so far, I feel lucky that I'm just using EverFresh with MPS and Dichlor. No problems yet (though it's oonly been a week.)

AmySue

• Jacuzzi J365
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2004, 05:35:15 pm »
Cparlf,

Yes I am definitely losing water - not from evaporation or usage. The foundation that the tub is on is constantly wet in one spot - it is coming out from underneath the tub, and when the Jacuzzi rep was out, he confirmed there was a leak somewhere as there is water lying inside in the bottom of the base. That is why they have to come out and put it up on blocks so he can see underneath to find where to start looking for the leak.I know when I first got it I was putting in maybe an inch every other week depending on usage. But it was a hot humid month of August here in Jersey, so it hasn't even been used that much to begin with and the temp is at 96. Thats when I really took notice that I was losing quite a bit of water.

stingfan

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2004, 09:25:11 am »
AmySue
Did you get your leak fixed?  
My water is no longer green.  The solution......I just don't know for sure!

We drained, disinfected, rinsed then refilled. I then added my SpaDown to bring the alkalinity down from 230 to 100ppm, and my pH down from 8.4 to 7.2. This did not take long, as I already knew from experience how much sodium bisulfate to add.  This time I used a different metal sequestering product:  SpaClear Minquest.  I allowed that to work overnight (about 12 hours) then added my first dichlor shock the next morning.  It has been 5 days now and the water looks nice.  Also, I removed my N2 cartridge and am using dichlor routine only.

When I filled with well water, I notice that my water does have a "color" to it anyways.  Our shell is white by the way.

One thing I am thinking about, in retrospect, is that we should've cleaned our tub when we first got it.  Who knows what was in it.  When it was delivered it had rainwater  in it.  The delivery people had filled it to make sure it did not leak, then drained it and forgot to put the cover back on.  It rained the night before it was delivered I think, adn who knows exactly how long it sat outside with the top open and wet.  Therefore it's possible that the bacteria (and maybe even algae) growth was so high that the initial setup of my tub did not have enough sanitizer in it to make that initial fill water perfectly clean.  Maybe we had an algae bloom and I was never able to get rid of that green color.  Would dead algae be removed by a filtration system?

I'm not sure yet if I will put the N2 cartridge back in. Just don't knwo if it really works anyways.  I'm sure my dichlor is killing everything.  I've been monitoring the levels to make sure the water is clean  :D

Spatopia at last!!! :D :D :D

AmySue

• Jacuzzi J365
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2004, 11:08:59 am »
Hey Stingfan,

No I am still not fixed. Actually they are coming out tomorrow and hopefully it will be fixed by then, but at this point who knows. I did drain, and scrub and flush and replace the filters so I can start fresh once its fixed with N2 and Dichlor. Hopefully this nightmare will be over by tomorrow and I will be blissfully soaking the next day. ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2004, 11:08:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42