What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buyer's Remorse  (Read 8905 times)

Cack

• Optima Owner
Buyer's Remorse
« on: September 10, 2004, 02:31:04 pm »
Hi Guys and Gals,

After much consideration and shopping, I finally took the plunge and purchased a tub.  YAHOOO!! 8)  A Sundance Optima to be specific.  I looked at several tubs, Sundance, Sweetwater, Pacific, Jacuzzi, Thermospa, Hot Springs, Marquis, etc.  I looked at cheapies.  I looked at primos.  It seems that the Optima fits all of my wants like power, size, comfort, etc.  Price was the only exception.  I do know, however, that I wouldn't be happy with anything less.  I do like bells and whistles, buttons and knobs, so pay I must.  (And for Dazed & Confused, I got the tub with the same extras as you (no drinkholder) for 7499 without tax).

However, I seem to be suffering from bit of buyer's remorse.  Did I get the best deal I could?  Do I really need a spa?  Why did I buy a tub? ???

What do you think?  Goofy post...You bet!! :P

Cack

Hot Tub Forum

Buyer's Remorse
« on: September 10, 2004, 02:31:04 pm »

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
Re: Buyer's Remorse
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 03:00:10 pm »
Cack,

Did you use my quote in your negotiations?  Was this his first offer or did you negotiate?

Thanks

d/c

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 03:00:19 pm »
Go sit in it...you'll see why you bought one. 8)
Go in a pessimist and come out an optimast ;D

(If Sundance wants to use that in their advertising...they'll need my approval)

Steve
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 03:01:33 pm by Steve »

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 03:06:33 pm »
After one soak in the tub all the remorse was over for me.
Just think about tubbing under the starry nights with tunes and a six pack of the finest brew.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 03:18:42 pm »
Dont let dazed and price fanatisism get you down. Remember, after 6 months on this forum (possible longer if you beleive the theories that he has aka's) he still isn't soaking in a tub, getting tenser and more frustrated. You on the other hand you can go into your yard and relax.
Homeworks Financing Representative

zacman

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 03:43:16 pm »
If you have done your due dilligence before you buy and buy knowing that some may pay more and some may pay less, you should forget about buyer's remorse - self flagelation serves no purpose now. I paid more than most here, and knew that was the case going in - but rationalized that the difference really meant very little amortized over the life of the spa, and also where it meant I would be soaking sooner. I think you got a very good deal.   And regarding whether you really "need" a spa, well, no one can answer that one, but sometimes it is important to treat yourself to things you don't really need.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 04:01:13 pm »
AMEN Zacman!

Coulda, shoulda, woulda saved $700.00 lets say...
Life of spa...20 years
True cost of spending that much more? Less than a dime a day! Not to mention that for that dime, you get approx 36' of water front property in your back yard to enjoy any time you want! :D

But good on you Dazed. You stand up for what's right and maybe if you're good, your family will scrape the money together for your retirement party and get you a spa in a box. ::) ( i know...I said I wasn't even going to respond to his silly game anymore...) :-/

Steve

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 04:01:18 pm »
Cack, I'm in the boston area, 40 miles north, on the NH state line, best buy on optima with stereo and typical goodies is $8500.00, Jacuzzi j-365 is $7600.00. These are best prices here.  We are trying to decide between each. I like the Optima!!!!! ;D

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 04:43:30 pm »
'rationalized that the difference really meant very little amortized over the life of the spa'

why pay out extra over 20 years when you could have that extra now to buy another toy?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 04:48:48 pm »
'rationalized that the difference really meant very little amortized over the life of the spa'

why pay out extra over 20 years when you could have that extra now to buy another toy?

Nobody would expect you to understand this, not even close.  
Brewman
Brewman

zacman

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 05:02:18 pm »

Or I could wait 20 years, buy a lot of other toys in the meantime, and then get a spa.  

I am not adverse to getting a good deal, but sometimes the journey has to end and a goal reached, i.e., owning and enjoying a spa before I am too senile to know what it is.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 05:05:49 pm »
Too bad we can't insert audio files into here as we do pictures.  (Now playing the song,  Always look at the bright side of life)  Maybe that isn't the title, but its the words to a song from some movie. Anyone remember the name?

Anyway, I'm in Computers and as you know as soon as you get that new Pentium 12 megabooster with wizzbang bus and hyper drives home, there is a new model out that is cheaper, and does twice as fast.  The hard part is behind you,  forget the price, invite over your friends who don't have tubs and be prepared to be envied.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2004, 05:08:22 pm »
Cack,

Did you use my quote in your negotiations?  Was this his first offer or did you negotiate?

Thanks

d/c

DC,

Others were quick to start jumping on your about your posts and inability to find a tub. For awhile, I defended you, the spa industry isn't as straight forward as some others, but not as bad as others either. It is was it is and your not going to change it and buy a tub, not in this decade anyway.   I'm joinging the other side,  Buy already.  (You can still tell us about your great deal  ;D )
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 05:08:51 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stiffy

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004, 06:07:40 pm »
Cack, I have only this to say.

Come home really stressed out, sit in tub, notice there is a beautiful sky above your head because you are leening back in your tub, notice after a good soaking its almost time for bed, notice after good soak you fall asleep easily, then relize the next day you are feeling OK and less stressed.

TRY AND DO THAT WITHOUT YOUR TUB!!!!!!

(Price less)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 06:08:46 pm by stiffy »

stingfan

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2004, 08:34:08 pm »
I also spent more for my tub than most here.  I live in a remote area and did not have alot of options.  But you know what......I LOVE MY TUB and can't wait to get into it.  I spent a little time feeling buyer's remorse, especially when I encountered water chemistry difficulties. But......

Don't spent much time regretting...it's wasted energy. Life is short.

ENJOY!!!!! :) :) :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2004, 08:34:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42