What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Weslo tubs  (Read 5917 times)

marmac

Weslo tubs
« on: September 08, 2004, 02:54:02 pm »
Has anyone out there had experience or heard of Weslo spas?  We can have one delivered for under $5K but I have not heard of them.

also, anyone heard of sundance spas? they come highly recommended by a friend....
Thanks for the feedback...
Mac

Hot Tub Forum

Weslo tubs
« on: September 08, 2004, 02:54:02 pm »

PPOL

Re: Weslo tubs
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 03:05:33 pm »
Weslo are sold by Home Depot aren't they?

Make sure you call ahead to Home Depot's "spa department" for a wet test on aisle 5.  ;)

Look at Sundance, Hot Spring, D1, and Caldera for a real investment choice.  Don't waste your money on Weslo

marmac

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 03:11:49 pm »
Thanks...I did not know that.  We have actually been looking at D1 and Marquis - the new reward and the D1 diplomate or Auraua II.  

I just wondered about weslo because a friend said "check this deal out"....

Thanks...
Mac

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 07:46:43 pm »
Stay your course and you'll be happier.  A deal isn't a deal if there is no value involved. :)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 07:37:13 am »
also, anyone heard of sundance spas? they come highly recommended by a friend....
Thanks for the feedback...
Mac

Sundance is one of the best in the industry!  Along with Marquis, D1, HOTSPRING, Beachcomber, Jacuzzi, Master...uuummmm...am I leaving anyone out???  There are many great tubs and brands to choose from!  (As many will attest!)

I wouldn't buy a tub I couldn't wet test first!  Welso seemed a good deal to my hubby, but he wouldn't wet test with me, either!!!  Hence, I didn't get a Weslo!!!

Good luck!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

marmac

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 11:11:43 am »
Thanks folks....I checked out a local sundance dealer last PM and was impressed.....This may be a difficult task...

Lori - what tub do you have?

Thanks again...
Mac

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 12:55:23 pm »
Mac,

You mean my prejudice was that subtle???

;)  I own a HotSpring Vanguard and absolutely love it!!!

I wet tested the Sundance Altamar and liked it ok, but it couldn't beat the Vanguard for my comfort!!!  That was my opinion after the wet testing, but you can't go wrong with either manufacturer (or the others I mentioned, and even some I forgot to mention)!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

cparlf

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 01:18:11 pm »
Just my opinion, but I tend to migrate to the higher end of my budget for most things in life.  Then push an extra 10 percent or even more once we see the dream becoming a reality.  Yet, many can not or do not want to drop 6 or 8 thousand or more on a tub.  Add in electric, foundation, landscaping and the 8 thousand tub just ran us 10 thousand or more.  For those not able or not willing to go the distance, I think the Weslo tubs et al offer a compromise.  At a certain risk, to be sure.  How many tubless nights waiting for repair, how much money spent on higher electric, how much money spend on repair.  These are primary differences.  Yet I bet we all know someone with a 3.5 or 4 thousand tub, happy as a lark soaking up the benefits.  Are they as reliable?  I'll bet no.  Are they are efficient?  I'll bet no.  Are they as comfortable?  I'll bet no.  Is there a dealer to call?  For sure, no.  Yet, if it comes to tub versus no tub?  I'll take the $3,500 model and be happy with it.   I am fortunate to have been able to afford the tub I wanted, but now realizing the full benefits I have to say above all else, get wet.  If a 3500 tub lasts 3 to 4 years, at least the prep work is done when the new one arrives.    

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 01:18:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42