What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New hot tub has slow leak....Help!  (Read 3265 times)

kays65

New hot tub has slow leak....Help!
« on: October 24, 2018, 08:16:55 am »
We purchased a 5 person hot tub a little over a month ago.  2 weeks after purchasing and getting it set up we went on vacation for 2 weeks and everything seemed fine with it.  We drained it not long after returning so we could lift it a little to get a thin plate under for a cover valet cover lift.  It actually slid in very easy so we only had to lift it for a couple inches of the plate.  While filling it back up, the hose came out and soaked the floor.  This was about a week ago.  We have now noticed it is slowly leaking from one side.  It is slow and seems to have slowed down.  Also under the corners look like it is wet.  This is on a screened in porch with a concrete floor.
When I called the manufacturer The Customer service rep told me he had one that leaked for a week and then did it again later but never lost water and he suggested I put tape in it to see how fast the leak is. So I did the tape to humor him, however I'm not settling for a hot tub that is a little over a month old that leaks as it is still under warranty.   It doesn't seem to be going down fast, but it hasn't been 24 hours yet since I taped it. 
So could this be from the foam getting wet from the hose & slowly releasing it?  I just want to be sure this isn't something I'm going to worry about later when my warranty is not in effect anymore.
This is a Lifesmart LS350 5 person tub 350 gallon 110V.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Hot Tub Forum

New hot tub has slow leak....Help!
« on: October 24, 2018, 08:16:55 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: New hot tub has slow leak....Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 09:06:36 am »
 You need to at least open the front up and see if anything is dripping. Possibly just a loose fitting or something else. Doubt you did anything while lifting it..

Never heard of the brand, and not that it's bad.  But 5 person 350 gallon 110v spa?   

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 09:16:38 am »
Welcome to the forum!  Let us know how it goes.  Humor him and us with the tape.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

kays65

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 10:53:15 am »
You need to at least open the front up and see if anything is dripping. Possibly just a loose fitting or something else. Doubt you did anything while lifting it..

Never heard of the brand, and not that it's bad.  But 5 person 350 gallon 110v spa?

I should have included this but my husband did open the control panel and check everything in there and couldn't find any leaks.  I am trying to get a pic on here but it just comes up as img type when I click on it.  Anyway it does have really good reviews at different places online.  I really don't know anything about them, and just want to have my ducks in a row before calling customer service again.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 10:59:10 am by kays65 »

kays65

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 10:55:02 am »
Welcome to the forum!  Let us know how it goes.  Humor him and us with the tape.

Thank you, and I will.   :D

bud16415

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 02:38:21 pm »
Sometimes a little water gets splashed out, or getting in and out water drips off.

If the level doesn’t drop I don’t think I would get real worried. Now if you don’t use the tub for a week and there is a trickle on the floor then you might have a pinhole someplace. 

kays65

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 03:31:46 pm »
Sometimes a little water gets splashed out, or getting in and out water drips off.

If the level doesn’t drop I don’t think I would get real worried. Now if you don’t use the tub for a week and there is a trickle on the floor then you might have a pinhole someplace.

Thanks for replying.  I wondered at first if it is from the cover when opening.  It is always there, and not on the side we get in and out of the tub.  It has been trickling from under it in 3 places.  When I wipe it away I can see more coming.  The level has gone down not quite a quarter inch.  That being said we have been in it once during that time.

bud16415

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 04:34:38 pm »
That amount is normal. All that steam you see on a cool night is water leaving the tub. When I open my cover the bottom of the cover is wet and I’m sure that drains down when it is open.

On the other hand if you have the tub closed and you dry up the water and then later you see more it is not coming out of the top of the tub.

I take it you didn’t buy this from a hot tub dealer? So whoever you bought it from is saying call the manufacture? That’s what is causing the run around with saying measure the water depth.

You may have to live with it for a while or call a local hot tub service and pay them to come out and check it out. 

With our tub we would most likely never even notice that water as its always wet around the tub and we add an inch or two of water here and there when it looks low. Our tub is a 6 person but we fill it for 2 people and when we get 4 or more water is getting splashed out.

castletonia

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 07:06:10 pm »
Where did you purchase the hot tub from?  If it is only a month old, you should be able to get a service tech out from the retailer who sold it and have them figure out whats going on.

kays65

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 11:09:58 pm »
I bought he hot tub through Wayfair. I am waiting on a tech to call me back and they may send someone to look at it. Wayfair has assured me I can call them if I have any trouble. I guess not knowing much about them,  I just wanted to be sure I was justified. I love the hot tub otherwise it’s roomy, the jets are strong and it feels great. So hopefully I can get a good resolution. I thought it was weird that it didn’t leak when we first had it.

castletonia

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 01:42:00 pm »
My opinion is that if there is a leak and it is not in the equipment area, I would like a new hot tub, or if its easily fixable, a discount. 

kays65

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 04:27:09 pm »
Thanks castle.   I agree and plan to do battle if need be. 

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2018, 03:39:51 pm »
How does this on line dealer handle service?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

kays65

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2018, 04:57:51 pm »
How does this on line dealer handle service?

Haven't gotten a call back from "tech" Manufacturer who said they would prob have to send someone out.  I'll be calling Wayfair again Monday, and then my credit card company if nothing gets resolved soon.  We are draining below the first set of jets to see if it still leaks.  Not that it matters, but curious to see if maybe in the jets. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2018, 04:57:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42