What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buyer needs advice second phase  (Read 11079 times)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Buyer needs advice second phase
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2018, 03:19:03 pm »
Thanks hot tub guy and since you sell marquis maybe you could help with questions about running both pumps at the same time I beleive salesman said some thing about not being able to and also does it have the durabase. Also do you know cover specs? And average cost with full foam generally.I also read that warranty states that trip rate is applicable if it is some distance and also rising fuel prices? WTF . Sorry about that what is standard warranty and how much is covered.only wet tested v84 and also wondering if neck jets are good and I know they only do gpm but what does that translate to horsepower for pumps. Thank you

You can run both pumps and heater at same time if you have it wired 50 amp. If it’s wired 30
Amp you can only run one pump In low speed with heat. Most always wire 50 amp

Does not have a durabase it has a sheet across bottom of tub.

Cover specs are 4”-2.5” taper 1.5 lb foam though you can get the 2 lb foam. I typically order in the tub with the upgrade cover

Depending on climate and use in the cold months you should t be more then 50-60 dollars a month I. The coldest months and much cheaper in the warmer months. I have a Resort (Marquis) and it probably averages $25-$30 per month over the year (I’m in Mass)

You can usually negotiate trip charges into your contract. I don’t typically charge them unless you live more then a hour from my shop. Warranty doesn’t cover diagnostic but if the dealer stocks enough parts he should be able to fix most things in the same trip

Warranty covers pumps, heaters, electronics for 3 years parts and labor

Neck Jets I would say are what you make of them. I like them but I have others who don’t think they are strong enough. Very much a personal opinion

2 HP pumps both 2 speed.

One other add on is the equipment as far as pumps, heater, pc board is the same equipment used on the signature tubs which come with a 5 year warranty. We don’t have a very high warranty call on Marquis tubs at all.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2018, 03:19:03 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2018, 04:47:09 pm »
Thanks hot tub guy and since you sell marquis maybe you could help with questions about running both pumps at the same time I beleive salesman said some thing about not being able to and also does it have the durabase. Also do you know cover specs? And average cost with full foam generally.I also read that warranty states that trip rate is applicable if it is some distance and also rising fuel prices? WTF . Sorry about that what is standard warranty and how much is covered.only wet tested v84 and also wondering if neck jets are good and I know they only do gpm but what does that translate to horsepower for pumps. Thank you

Cuddle I don't think any of us are qualified to tell you how the feel of a particular tub is. You have to discover that on your own. Everyone is different.
Retired

Cuddlebug

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2018, 11:37:39 am »
Thanks for all the detailed info hottubguy! Do you think a floor model as in one they took to fair or to costco should be d8scounted and if so how much? Tman thank you for your response also can't wet test the Hollywood elite or bullfrog r6 but did test a7 and vector. Dealer said r6 seats are lower than r7 and most would tend to sit with legs out and could make footwell cramped if more than 2 or so. Any thoughts and upgrade on r6 for pump is 700 and jetpacks at time of purchase are 375. Upgrade from r6 to r7 is 1500. Cost is concern 7500 otd or 9200 otd and hollywood elite 8000 otd but lounge takes up so much room. Great tub though. Any chance of Vegas elite soon?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2018, 02:00:18 pm »
Fairs are different then Costco I would say. Fairs are typically outside and sometimes the tubs can take a bit of a beating. Look over tub and see what kind of condition it’s in. Make a offer worst thing they can say is no. Costco is in a store so the tubs should be fine. I wouldn’t expect much of a discount on that

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2018, 02:00:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42