What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buyer needs advice  (Read 7803 times)

Cuddlebug

Buyer needs advice
« on: August 23, 2018, 05:01:46 pm »
Looking for 4 to 6 person hot tub. Narrowed down to aresian,master,or marquis. Live in spokane wa and would like therapy tub with insulation, no lounge and foot blaster. Any recommended models,dealers etc.also went to that hot tub university site thought it had. Good info but master spas with no dealer around makes me leary.also 1 dealer has signature spas and not sure about them except they are the cheapest.  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Buyer needs advice
« on: August 23, 2018, 05:01:46 pm »

castletonia

Re: Buyer needs advice
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 06:40:57 pm »
Of the 3 you listed, Marquis and Artesian are quality.  Avoid Master Spas.  I would visit the website of the following manufacturer's (Hot Spring, Caldera, Jacuzzi, Sundance, D1, Arctic, and Bullfrog) and use the dealer locator to see what options you have.  If nothing else, then concentrate on Marquis and Artesian.

Never heard of Signature Spas, but if they are the cheapest price, there is probably a reason.

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 06:41:31 pm »
Stick with Artesian or Marquis with a local dealer, and you'll be fine.  Master is okay, but with no local dealer you will eventually be pissed.  Signature is literal garbage.  I just hauled one to the dump not even 2 years old.  I can't believe dealers carry that crap...

Sam

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 06:45:02 pm »
Artesian and Marquis are great brands.  Most here would not put Master in the same category and consider them a lesser brand.  The guy at hot tub university raves about them but doesn't explain that he is a retail store that sells master spas only.  Some of his info is good, but some is kind of b.s..  The problem is that the guy talks a good game and sounds like he really knows his stuff, but again, some of things on that site are just silly. 

There are certainly worse options out there but I personally feel that Marquis and Artesian are much better spas from much better companies.

Sam

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 06:45:54 pm »
2 people posted while I was typing.  Looks like we all agree.  I forgot to mention that signature is indeed garbage.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 06:52:31 pm »
I concur with all above points.

Signature is LPI if i recall correctly.  Definitely not on same level as Marquis or Artesian.  If you're looking at Signature Series (Marquis) or Island/Platinum Elite (Artesian), its tough find flaws in anything you pick out.

Good luck moving forward.

Cuddlebug

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 07:16:29 pm »
Thanks all.artesian 748b is 6600 with cover,lift,steps delivery but it's polar pack not full foam.marquis Hollywood elite 6800 with same,v84 is 8100 an 1200 for microsilk, bullfrog r7 is 7500, and lastly twilight b

Signature is LPI if i recall correctly.  Definitely not on same level as Marquis or Artesian.  If you're looking at Signature Series (Marquis) or Island/Platinum Elite (Artesian), its tough find flaws in anything you pick out.

Cuddlebug

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 07:17:48 pm »
Sorry got cut off but master ts 7.25 with everything is 7995 but no service

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 07:34:09 pm »
Thanks all.artesian 748b is 6600 with cover,lift,steps delivery but it's polar pack not full foam.marquis Hollywood elite 6800 with same,v84 is 8100 an 1200 for microsilk, bullfrog r7 is 7500, and lastly twilight b

Those all seem like real low prices. I’m a Marquis dealer and he is about $1000 lower then me on that tub

Cuddlebug

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 09:43:16 pm »
Interstate fair prices even offering Hollywood 6000,cover,lift,stairs,chems and delivery 6000 after tax. But petty stripped down

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 11:44:55 pm »
Interstate fair prices even offering Hollywood 6000,cover,lift,stairs,chems and delivery 6000 after tax. But petty stripped down

You sure that’s not the regular Hollywood?  No way it can be that low on a Elite. Big difference between the 2

Cuddlebug

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2018, 09:32:01 am »
You are correct it is only on the Hollywood. The elite is 6800 plus tax. Been quoted 6000,6100,6200 by 3 different salesman on just Hollywood and can't even pin them down on whether it's a 17,or 18.they also up sell their own service but when I called and asked about service on costco tub was told they don't have service dept.contract it out to some guy named Ivan.country homes power by the way. Any reviews on them

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 10:24:04 am »
You are correct it is only on the Hollywood. The elite is 6800 plus tax. Been quoted 6000,6100,6200 by 3 different salesman on just Hollywood and can't even pin them down on whether it's a 17,or 18.they also up sell their own service but when I called and asked about service on costco tub was told they don't have service dept.contract it out to some guy named Ivan.country homes power by the way. Any reviews on them

Ivan is a good tech. I thought he was a Marquis dealer out in Spokane. A lot of dealers only do service on tubs they sell or on tubs they are familiar with. With a Costco tub you never know what you are getting when you go to service it. They have gone through tons of manufacturers over the years. I service them but when people hear my rates on them they usually choose someone else or try to fix on there own. I try to take care of people who bought there tubs through me versus people who bought on Costco. The Elite line was the big change to Celebrity for 2018. Don’t think much changed on the standard one. The Elite is a Tub I feel comfortable selling. The standard celebrity is poorly insulated in my mind and isn’t a tub for cold weather use. Being in Washington state that’s not a tub I would recommend

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 01:18:50 pm »
My only beef with the South Seas model you're interested in is that they're loud.  If you haven't seen a unit run, see if you can wet test.  It is loud, in my opinion.  Other than that- Love Artesian and Marquis.  Never sold Bullfrog so I refrain from opining on that brand.

Cuddlebug

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 02:08:17 pm »
Thanks the dealer seems good he has u bring water in for testing to see what chemicals u need then runs for 24 hrs and has u come in to teach all about hot tub. The 748b only has polar pac insulation vs full foam and can't really find any info on artesians site. The antigua or elite I believe do but the are 8400 and 9600 respectively.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 02:08:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42