What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Hot Tub Buyer- could use some help  (Read 2088 times)

Troezen

New Hot Tub Buyer- could use some help
« on: June 28, 2018, 11:57:48 am »
Hello all! My wife and I are looking at becoming first-time hot tub owners and we're looking for a bit of help.

We both really liked the Grandee NXT at first but my wife didn't like the lack of leg/calf massagers and the lack of a lounge seat. She tried the Limelight Prism and really liked it. I was hesitant because of how big it is, and also it's very new so I don't see a lot of reviews or information on energy usage (which I assume is high with 3- 2.5HP pumps and the sheer volume of water it needs to heat).

We started to waffle at that point because my wife is very much into the calf massagers and loungers so we looked at the Envoy NXT. I'm a bit concerned that the Envoy is smaller than we wanted. I definitely think it would be cramped with 4-5 people.

Does anyone have any recommendations for us? Also the prices were a bit higher than I expected. I think $17k (envoy) to $19k (prism) with the Grandee NXT in-between. Any information or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

New Hot Tub Buyer- could use some help
« on: June 28, 2018, 11:57:48 am »

castletonia

Re: New Hot Tub Buyer- could use some help
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 01:51:06 pm »
The Prism replaced the Gleam which had been around since 2014.  Since it is technically a new model that has only been available since March, you are not going to find many reviews yet.    Regarding energy usage, use the Caldera Cantabria for a guideline.  It is basically the same hot tub but a Caldera in terms of pumps, insulation, efficiency, etc.

Envoy will fit 5 max with the captains chair.  What is included in the prices you were quoted and what part of the country are you in? 

Troezen

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 02:41:53 pm »
Thanks for the response!

As far as what's included, the ace saltwater system though they're saying that's free. They do a site consultation, delivery setup and some training. Other than that I will still pay for electrical and the slab to set it on.

I'm in New England.

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 04:09:25 pm »
I know that the cost of living is higher in New England than it is by me in the Midwest and I know shipping costs are higher, but in my opinion, those prices are on the high side. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 05:29:32 pm »
Where in New England?  Think I have you narrowed down to two dealers based on price

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 05:29:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42