What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover lift support question  (Read 3384 times)

briguy

Cover lift support question
« on: September 06, 2004, 11:52:43 am »
I have decided to buy the Cameo :)  My question deals with the cover lift support.  At one dealer, the lift had a hydraulic mechanism, but the top did not open fully behind the tub...it stayed at about a 30 degree angle, creating somewhat of an overhang.  The other dealer with the (much) better price had a mechanical lift support, was not as smooth but was completely functional and opened the top to a vertical positon and was behind the tub.  (it seemed to be more clumsy)  The second one had the bar going across the seam...I do not remember if the first one did or not.  Any thoughts/suggestions???

Hot Tub Forum

Cover lift support question
« on: September 06, 2004, 11:52:43 am »

bethshar

Re: Cover lift support question
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 12:13:10 pm »
We have an Optima with a covermate III hydraulic lift.  The cover stays above the side of the tub, but straight up, not overhanging.  It acts as a privacy screen for us, so it works well for us.  It is also much easier to use than the non hydraulic type.  The cover hangs from the center seam.  

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 06:46:39 pm »
We have the Cameo with that hydraulic mechanism cover lift, it does not get in our way at all. As Bethshar says - makes a great privacy screen.  The bar does go across the seam.  I have posted pics if you'd like to see in the thread "As promised - pics".  I find the lift works real easy.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 07:30:48 pm »
I've got a covermate I which would be like the mechanical lifter you described.  It is simple, easy to use and very functional.  I have been very satisfied with it.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 08:58:51 pm »
At one dealer, the lift had a hydraulic mechanism, but the top did not open fully behind the tub...it stayed at about a 30 degree angle, creating somewhat of an overhang.

It wasn't installed properly. Lifters should remove the cover easily and be at a 90 degree angle (not a 60) once lifted off the spa.

Steve
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 08:59:51 pm by Steve »

briguy

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 10:28:16 pm »
...so it seems that there is satisfaction on both fronts...mechanical and gas charged/hydraulic assist.  Now that you mention it Steve, I wonder if the lift was attached to the tub a little too far forward...although it did seem to seat itself squarely on the tub when closed.  I was surprised to see that there were three drilled/screws mounted on each side of the tub holding the bracket in place.  I have also seen the bracket that sits beneath the tub, with no holes drilled.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 10:28:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42