What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Most Reliable tubs  (Read 4862 times)

NoTub

Most Reliable tubs
« on: May 30, 2018, 10:21:35 pm »
NoTub is looking for A tub.  In my area, my choices are Nordic, Caldera, D1, Jacuzzi, and Sundance.

I have looked at the Jacuzzi J-335 and sat in a J-355 and really liked both.  I am having a hard time determining which hot tubs from the different manufacturers are in a comparable price range and features.  I am interested in a fairly basic tub, no stereo, waterfalls, etc., but good jet action for hydrotherapy.  Most importantly I am looking for a RELIABLE hot tub that will last for at least 10 years.

Also, what would be a good price for this range of tubs, so far the only quote I have is for a Jacuzzi J345 for $9400 with cover, delivery, and steps.

Is that high/low?  Seems a bit high, but I have no baseline so far.  I though used car buying was cloaked in secrecy, these guys guard their pricing like Apple.

Thanks,

NoTub

Hot Tub Forum

Most Reliable tubs
« on: May 30, 2018, 10:21:35 pm »

Marco P

Re: Most Reliable tubs
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 12:11:13 am »
Sundance I feel is the best in that group for reliability. Idk too much though

NoTub

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 09:47:06 am »
Thanks Marco, do you know which Sundance hot tub would be a comparable tub to the Jacuzzi J-355?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 11:06:08 am »
D1, Jacuzzi and Sundance are all built at the same place. Jacuzzi and Sundance internally are pretty much identical. For a comp you should look at 700 series. In the Caldera look at Paradise series. You could get into a Makena or a Salina fornroughly the same money. Nordic makes a simple no frills tub yet very reliable. Money wise it will be considerably cheaper. Any questions on Caldera or Nordic please ask as I am a dealer of both

NoTub

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 11:53:09 am »
Thank you for the info Hottubguy, we will be looking at Caldera and Nordic next weekend.  Thanks for the comparable hot tubs.  It’s really hard to tell which hot tub lines are similar because there are no published prices. 

The Nordic that we are interested in is the Jubilee LS, what is the price range on that tub with all the accessories.

NoTub

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 11:02:44 am »
The 4 you listed tend to have pretty strong reputations in the industry.  I would wager that, as a whole, Nordic would be more of the "entry level" brand when compared to Jacuzzi, Sundance, & Caldera (Not that there aren't entry level lines in the 3 latter brands).  Not a knock on Nordic at all, but the other 4 you listed tend to be generally considered top 10 brands by most industry people.

Of Caldera/Jacuzzi/Sundance/D1, the best play is to sit in them empty to get a feel for the ergonomics.  Then wet test to eliminate tubs that don't mesh well with your body type.  Then check in on the dealers and see who's got the best reputation.  From there the choice should be much easier to make.

[EDIT:  Spelling & syntax]

NoTub

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 11:28:49 am »
Thanks Wizard,

We found a Bullfrog dealer in the next town that seemed to be on point and had fair pricing.  So far the pricing has been about what we expected, maybe a little more, but we haven't gotten down to the nitty gritty details yet either.

Who came up with this wet testing, wow!  Nobody wants to see a 60 year old and his wife in a bathing suit, in a showroom on a busy Saturday.  Those poor people.:)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 12:16:57 pm »
Thanks Wizard,

We found a Bullfrog dealer in the next town that seemed to be on point and had fair pricing.  So far the pricing has been about what we expected, maybe a little more, but we haven't gotten down to the nitty gritty details yet either.

Who came up with this wet testing, wow!  Nobody wants to see a 60 year old and his wife in a bathing suit, in a showroom on a busy Saturday.  Those poor people.:)

Ask to do it after hours.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 11:17:47 pm »
Thank you for the info Hottubguy, we will be looking at Caldera and Nordic next weekend.  Thanks for the comparable hot tubs.  It’s really hard to tell which hot tub lines are similar because there are no published prices. 

The Nordic that we are interested in is the Jubilee LS, what is the price range on that tub with all the accessories.

NoTub

Steps, cover lift, delivery chem kit you should be somewhere around 6500-7000. Make sure you sit in that one at least dry. Seats can be confined for some people. LS  has pretty good power behind it. Sell a lot more Encores then Jubilee.

bradleyabell

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 11:46:12 am »

NoTub

Definitely wet test before putting thousands into a hot tub that you will keep for 10-15+ years...We tried Nordic and didn't like the rough feel of their tubs.  They make them out of a different material and while some people may not mind or may actually prefer, we did not.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 12:02:45 pm »

NoTub

Definitely wet test before putting thousands into a hot tub that you will keep for 10-15+ years...We tried Nordic and didn't like the rough feel of their tubs.  They make them out of a different material and while some people may not mind or may actually prefer, we did not.

Good advice Bradley. What might be perfect for me or you might not be right for you

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 03:00:39 pm »
NoTub is looking for A tub.  In my area, my choices are Nordic, Caldera, D1, Jacuzzi, and Sundance.

I have looked at the Jacuzzi J-335 and sat in a J-355 and really liked both.  I am having a hard time determining which hot tubs from the different manufacturers are in a comparable price range and features.  I am interested in a fairly basic tub, no stereo, waterfalls, etc., but good jet action for hydrotherapy.  Most importantly I am looking for a RELIABLE hot tub that will last for at least 10 years.

Also, what would be a good price for this range of tubs, so far the only quote I have is for a Jacuzzi J345 for $9400 with cover, delivery, and steps.

Is that high/low?  Seems a bit high, but I have no baseline so far.  I though used car buying was cloaked in secrecy, these guys guard their pricing like Apple.

Thanks,

NoTub

Welcome to the forum!   I'm a Sundance owner for 5 years now by the way.    Nordic may be entry level (I haven't look at them in years) but I can tell you that Hocking County, Ohio is a remote area with very few people, but has a lot of cabin rentals with hot tubs.  At one time they claimed to have the most hottubs per capita than any other county in the US.    Many of them are the Nordics because they have a simple round model, minimum jets and easy to work on.   
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 03:00:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42