What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ballpark pricing for the Hot Spring Grandee NXT and Caldera Cantabria?  (Read 8691 times)

boober

Hey everyone! I've done tons of research for the last couple of months or so, and am seriously considering this spa. It's from what appears to be the by far, most reputable dealer in the area for spas. So I'd really like to buy from this guy, but I'm thinking he's overcharging me by quite a bit.

The dealer offered me, the spa itself, plus the following... $565 cover - $130 Spa complete w/silver Ion water care package - $300 Delivery - $150 step - $200 Lift N Glide Cover assist $585 50 amp sub panel, for around $16,000. I don't need the 50 amp panel done, as I'm already wired up. So basically if you alleviate that, I suppose I'm looking at around $15,400 plus tax.

I'd like the ACE system which sounds great, but he's got it for $1699, which also sounds really really high.

I'm really interested in the bluetooth wireless audio, but his price of $1299 I'm not sure about. :(

I looked up some prices others have paid, but the info was pretty old. I'm thinking based on what info I have found, he could easily possible knock a couple grand off his price. Assuming based on what I've read.

What do you guys think?

Thank you very much for the help! :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 12:35:46 am by boober »

Hot Tub Forum

Marco P

Re: Ballpark pricing for the Hot Spring Grandee NXT?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 02:01:15 am »
Personally I would stay away from the audio systems. they seem to always fail after a few years and can become money pits. and for 1200 dollars you can get a much nicer bluetooth speaker. heck, you could get several!

score1more

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 11:22:48 am »
Sounds about right; we got the Aria NXT which is a step lower I think.

I opted for the Bluetooth system and have enjoyed it.  We had the same conversation on alternative bluetooth systems, but I liked that it was all integrated.  I figure if it breaks, I can figure it out.  Passed on the ACE system.

Ask for a discount, or call another dealer to see if the prices are in line.  I have no idea what margins are on these and what times of the year they're more motivated to sell than others.

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 12:24:12 pm »
Unless you already have a Hot Spring sub-panel, you need the one he is providing.  It is a dual breaker setup, with a 30a and 20a.  Ace retails at $1,699.  I offer it to my customers at $1,399.  $1,299 for stereo with subwoofer is a fair price.  For a cash price, I would be around $16,000 with ACE and stereo, but I’m in a conservative, competitive market in the Midwest.  If I was on either the east or west coast where the cost of living was higher, my price would be too.

What part of the country are you in?  Your dealer determines their price so long as it’s under MSRP.  It doesn’t matter what another dealer sells for if they are not the ones making the sale.  The selling dealer is the only one obligated to do any warranty service work, just an FYI. 

boober

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 03:32:06 pm »
Thanks guys for the replies! I'm tempted by the bluetooth audio for the reason as stated above. Be kind of cool to have it all in one like that, but it does seem over priced, unless it does really add all that much to the spa having it built in like that? Other than for convenience reasons I mean. Like does the water vibrate more etc from the built in sub? :)

I live in Idaho, and there's about 5 really good dealers in the area. But from what I have seen, only one Hot Springs guy.

That sucks about the dual breaker set up, as I put about $1200 or so into the setup I have now when I had my new house built. I wanted it prewired, so it seems like I kinda threw away some money if I go with a Hot Springs?

I was kind of hoping for around 14 to 15k all cash, for all that he's offering, plus ACE and not including the audio system.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 03:58:58 pm by boober »

score1more

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 05:17:04 pm »
Thanks guys for the replies! I'm tempted by the bluetooth audio for the reason as stated above. Be kind of cool to have it all in one like that, but it does seem over priced, unless it does really add all that much to the spa having it built in like that? Other than for convenience reasons I mean. Like does the water vibrate more etc from the built in sub? :)

I'm sure there are plenty of music options for a separate system if you go that route.  The EQ you will use is quite different while you're in the tub vs out of the tub.  I don't think bass frequencies travel through water as well as they do air.  So we tend to kick up the bass while we're in the tub.  And with all the jets running, it gets a little noisy.  So having the builtin speakers lets you cut through that noise, or you can choose a position that has a speaker right next to it if you want to keep it a little quieter. 

It did seem a little expensive at the time, and perhaps I'm rationalizing my own decision.

boober

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 12:28:07 am »
Thanks guys for the replies.  :D

I'm actually thinking of maybe going with a Cadera Cantabria instead of the Grandee NXT. As a different local vendor offered a brand new one to me with basically all the same stuff as the Grandee, but for a little under 15k.

These prices still seem a bit higher than some of the prices I've seen others pay for theirs. By at least a good 1 to 3 grand or so. I realize there's more to it than that. It's just the thought of paying so much more than someone else though.  :-[

castletonia

If you can get into a Cantabria for under $15k, your getting a good price. 

I know that you want the best price and a fair deal, just remember that what one person pays should never be the expected price.  I have seen a lot of crazy low prices on here and I wouldn’t even consider many of them legit.  There are many factors that determine pricing.  I do think that you can improve that Grandee NXT price but to expect $1-$3k off, especially $3k should not happen.

The dealership I work for has what I feel are very competitive pricing but if our inground pool business wasn’t as successful as it is, we would have to sell at higher prices. 

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42