What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Spa - better covers? (cover too tall)  (Read 3354 times)

SheyenneRiverWest

Hot Springs Spa - better covers? (cover too tall)
« on: May 14, 2018, 04:35:07 pm »
Anyone know a solution to reduce the height of the Hot Spring Spas cover using Cover Cradle 2 when open? Any easy way to do it with the Cover Cradle 2 or another mechanism that my wife can open easily?

We have windows and a view we'd like to enjoy while in the tub.

Tub is a Grandee. It's 6" up off the ground, so technically, the cover of can be set on the ground 6" below the base of the unit.

TIA

https://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2018_05/20180513_175217-800x600.jpg.7d42530baea4deb6040312298e2e2cb5.jpg

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Spa - better covers? (cover too tall)
« on: May 14, 2018, 04:35:07 pm »

Sam

Re: Hot Springs Spa - better covers? (cover too tall)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 07:11:48 pm »
You would probably need to switch to a different cover lifter.  The Vision Lift drops down as low as you can go behind the spa.  It's not my favorite lift but it is the lowest profile.  Unfortunately you'll have extra holes in your cabinet.

SheyenneRiverWest

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 03:29:15 pm »
Thank you for the information. I was not familiar with that option and it looks like the winner.

When you say it's not your favorite, is it a bit more difficult to operate? Or lower quality? Thank you.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 03:33:07 pm »
It's difficult to install and I've had the gas shocks break multiple times.  If you are installing yourself, take your time and measure accurately.  It's tedious and easy to mess up.

bud16415

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 11:53:17 am »
Looks like you will also have to drain and move your tub to get at the panels on the side against the windows.

I thought a lot about views and cover location and also step location before we bought the tub.

Don’t know how big your room is but can you turn the tub 180? 

n0s4atu

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 11:59:09 am »
I'm new here and was about to post my own thread asking the very same thing, so thanks for saving me from making a duplicate post.  We're getting a Vanguard NXT installed soon and they included the Cover Cradle 2 in the package, but it looks like it's kind of intrusive to the back side of the tub where it gets folded. 
Looks like the UltraLift Vision is exactly what we'd want.

Has anyone found how much clearance is required in the back of the Vision to set it down?  We're installing our tub under our deck and it will be basically shoehorned in on 3 sides and I want to make sure there's clearance for it between the back of the tub and the lattice.

SheyenneRiverWest

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 02:10:40 pm »
My vision lift is being shipped to me in the next few days. If waiting isn't a problem, I'll shoot you some photos once we get it installed.

In my case, the tub is 38" tall + 8.75" raised off the ground with cinder blocks and 3/4" plywood. The cover itself is 45.5" tall folded, as I recall. So, with the extra ground clearance below the bottom of the hot tub, the manufacturer felt that we could configure the lift to set the lid on the ground and be almost flush with the top of the hot tub.

If our tub wasn't 8.75" up off the ground, then the cover would still be taller than the side of the hot tub, even with the vision lift.

n0s4atu

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 05:46:17 am »
Has anyone ever installed a VisionLift on a Hot Springs tub? I'm wondering how easy it is as the instructions for it say that if your tub isn't wood that bracing would help.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 05:46:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42