What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: about bleach  (Read 1822 times)

silversun

about bleach
« on: May 13, 2018, 09:04:16 am »
I'm thinking of using bleach, mostly because it saves $ and its easy to pick up and dont have to make a special trip to buy it. I get that it's chemically similar to the chlorine they sell at the spa store, so i don't need a long and technical explanation of the differences, thanks. I just want to get some practical advice on when to use it, and what to consider. here are my specific questions:

- what kind of bleach should I buy? There's a bunch of different kinds at the grocery store. eg, does it matter if it's scented, unscented, splashproof, etc.  what is the exact ingredient i should look for? sodium hypochlorite? and what % concentration? 6%, 8.5%?
- what amount is recommended for a 400 gallon hot tub?
- when should i start using it? When stabilizer gets to what level?
- What if stabilizer falls below that level, should I switch back to the regular granulated dichlor.
- can it be used as a shock?

thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

about bleach
« on: May 13, 2018, 09:04:16 am »

castletonia

Re: about bleach
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 09:58:11 am »
Use regular bleach.  Concentration should not matter except for the dosing.  I would get the stabilizer to 30ppm first.  I'm too lazy to search for it, but if you go over to the other forum, poolspaforum.com there are threads about dichlor then bleach method.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: about bleach
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 09:58:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42