What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time buyer, looking at Hot Spring  (Read 4917 times)

Djncmt

Re: First time buyer, looking at Hot Spring
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 12:19:10 am »
Do you know much about the HS Prodigy? That was my first choice. Is there enough power in the jests if I Up it from 110v to 220v? Even though it only has on pump and 1 speed? 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 12:19:10 am »

d00nut

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 01:18:48 am »
No power difference in the jets by going from 110 to 220.  That is the biggest myth in hot tubs.

The difference is:
  • You can run heat and jets at the same time (a bigger deal in winter time if you use the jets for 20+ minutes at a time and don't want to lose temperature
  • Heats up faster on originally fill up.

Great hot tub!  My inlaws have one, the love it!  What I really appreciate about Watkins and Hot Spring is their consistency.  My grandee moto feels undistinguishable between a Jetsetter and Prodigy.  I just want more space :)

im45us

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 06:49:34 am »
I bought a new Prodigy in 1992 so very, very different than what you are looking at but I had that tub for 22 years and replaced a few heaters but other wise never had a problem. It died a few years ago  :'( and i went with Jacuzzi this time. I would have bought a new Prodigy but no longer had a local dealer I liked and was happy with the Jacuzzi dealer.

Djncmt

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 07:00:54 pm »
Wow! Ok! Well I definitely want heat and jets at the same time. So with the extra cost for the 220v to be added to the Prodigy, would it be wiser to go with one of the other models which already has it?  How much of a difference in price between the Prodigy, adding 220v and say the Vanguard?

Djncmt

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2018, 12:34:58 am »
I’m going to look at a couple, slightly used 2017 Hot Spring Envoy’s tomorrow. They are both asking very high prices for them, at least in my eyes. However, I am hoping I can bring them off of their high horses. I was originally excited about the Prodigy because of the open seating and floor base. The envoy looks like there will be a lot or crowded footsies going on due to the contoured seating and bench. Has anyone owned an Envoy? Can you give me some feedback on the seating and comfort level? It says seats 5 but seems tight to me on paper. Also, can anyone give me advise on how to offer a used price without insulting the owners? They are both asking “almost new” prices on their, “barely used” spa’s. However, as I have learned on this forum, the warranty does not transfer to the new owner once sold.  Any help from you SPA experts would be gratelyy appreciated. Both Spas look amazing in the pictures! One is a year old and the other is 5 months old. Thanks soooo much for all your help!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2018, 12:34:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42