What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Costco and Bullfrog roadshow prices ?  (Read 16209 times)

Fcat

Costco and Bullfrog roadshow prices ?
« on: April 07, 2018, 11:30:20 am »
Anyone any ballpark figures of the savings available against a "regular" dealer at the Bullfrog Costco roadshows ?

My local Costco has one of these on next week and just wanted to put the feelers out for any info first.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Costco and Bullfrog roadshow prices ?
« on: April 07, 2018, 11:30:20 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Costco and Bullfrog roadshow prices ?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 01:38:04 pm »
If getting the right spa for you based on how it feels is not important to you then go for it.

But they have that awesome return policy.
Retired

Fcat

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 03:58:24 pm »
If getting the right spa for you based on how it feels is not important to you then go for it.

But they have that awesome return policy.

Oh, are the Bullfrogs sold through Costco different than those through a dealer ? we wet tested an R7 and A8 in January and loved them both , was just hoping to save a little money and wondered what offers they did!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 07:43:56 am »
There may be talk of little difference but I gota assume to meet the price set by Costco any manufacturer will have to cut corners.
Retired

Sam

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 01:49:59 pm »
It is the exact same spa that you purchase through dealers.  There is some savings but it's not huge.  Certainly worth doing if you wet tested and liked it.

Fcat

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 05:32:05 pm »
It is the exact same spa that you purchase through dealers.  There is some savings but it's not huge.  Certainly worth doing if you wet tested and liked it.

Great, thanks for the info

bradleyabell

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 07:31:57 am »
Anyone any ballpark figures of the savings available against a "regular" dealer at the Bullfrog Costco roadshows ?

My local Costco has one of these on next week and just wanted to put the feelers out for any info first.

Thanks

Only thing that would worry me about a Costco tub would be their service.  If you buy through a local dealer you are paying for their expertise should you have any water issues or any problems mechanically with your tub.  Not sure how that would work with Costco.

Sam

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 01:45:25 pm »
When you buy a Bullfrog through Costco, you are actually also buying it through a dealer.  The local dealer will handle all delivery, service, etc.

bradleyabell

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 07:06:23 am »
When you buy a Bullfrog through Costco, you are actually also buying it through a dealer.  The local dealer will handle all delivery, service, etc.

Good to know...Then I guess I would go to the local dealer and talk with them...See if they seem like they would be a good partner to work with and if so, pull the trigger!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 05:30:10 pm »

He won't like it but he will do it, if he has to.
Retired

Sam

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 03:04:40 pm »

Yet again, you are uninformed about Bullfrog and speaking as though you know what you are talking about.  This is my beef with you.  You may know quite a bit, but you are often wrong and provide inaccurate information to people who come here for expert advice.  If I don't know an answer, I don't chime in.  When you buy a Bullfrog through Costco, it is a special event for only 10 days per year where the dealer sets up a display in the Costco and staffs it with their own employees.  The dealer makes money on the sale (in addition to Costco & Bullfrog), though less than normal. The dealer places the actual order with Bullfrog.  The spa is shipped to the dealer and the dealer delivers the spa and provides the warranty servicing.  The dealer chooses whether or not to participate in the event.  It is optional.  If a local dealer does not want to participate in the event, then no event occurs in that territory.  Bullfrog merely facilitates the agreement with Costco, but it comes with all of the perks associate with purchasing directly from a dealer.  Every costco customer in my territory is treated exactly as any customer who purchases directly through me.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 05:20:25 pm »

Yet again, you are uninformed about Bullfrog and speaking as though you know what you are talking about.  This is my beef with you.  You may know quite a bit, but you are often wrong and provide inaccurate information to people who come here for expert advice.  If I don't know an answer, I don't chime in.  When you buy a Bullfrog through Costco, it is a special event for only 10 days per year where the dealer sets up a display in the Costco and staffs it with their own employees.  The dealer makes money on the sale (in addition to Costco & Bullfrog), though less than normal. The dealer places the actual order with Bullfrog.  The spa is shipped to the dealer and the dealer delivers the spa and provides the warranty servicing.  The dealer chooses whether or not to participate in the event.  It is optional.  If a local dealer does not want to participate in the event, then no event occurs in that territory.  Bullfrog merely facilitates the agreement with Costco, but it comes with all of the perks associate with purchasing directly from a dealer.  Every costco customer in my territory is treated exactly as any customer who purchases directly through me.

Does the dealer set up wet testing and man the show?
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 06:12:12 pm »

Does the dealer set up wet testing and man the show?

Yes to the wet test,  as far as manning the dealer can or hire a hit man to man the road show. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 06:39:23 am »
  Yes to the wet test,  as far as manning the dealer can or hire a hit man to man the road show.

Do the tubs get delivered direct to Costco from BF or do they go to the dealer. Are they sent separate from the dealers regular orders?
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2018, 09:02:17 am »
 They are ordered by the dealer and they are delivered to the dealer for delivery.    Costco is basically just getting a pcs of the pie.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2018, 09:02:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42