What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Vista is Here!  (Read 5633 times)

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
My Vista is Here!
« on: August 31, 2004, 12:51:48 pm »
I'm filling up right now awaiting the electrician's arrival. The installers gave me several bottles of Rendevous Brand chemicals. Was told to put in 3 teaspoons of chlorine and 4 ounces of this stuff called Protect Plus on the initial fill. Does this sound right? I'm so excited! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

My Vista is Here!
« on: August 31, 2004, 12:51:48 pm »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: My Vista is Here!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 01:31:47 pm »
Way to go, Warkie!
If you don't have a test kit (IMO, Taylor is best), get one and test your water before you put any chems in.  I would suggest only adding the chems you need to get the pH, TA, CH in line unless your water is untreated from a well in which case you might want to use some Metal Gon or other type of agent to deal with the added elements found there.  If it's a municipal water supply, just get the three I mentioned in line after which you'll add your sanitizer of choice, dichlor being mine.
Good luck and congrats!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Warkovision

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 01:43:33 pm »
Forgot to mention I had the Everfresh system installed. I'll test before I add anything.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 01:44:11 pm by Warkovision »

Sol_Dahbrishinsky

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 01:48:22 pm »
Wark:

I went to HS yesterday to visit (before wet testing)

Why did you choose HS (the moto???)

I liked the layout before WT

What color did you get?

sol

Warkovision

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 02:10:07 pm »
Wow, Just tested for TA with strips and Taylor test kit showed 120.
Surprised to see how close the two tests were. On the other hand, pH on the strips showed 8.0, and with the Taylor kit...7.2 :o This poses an interesting question. I'm at the very high end for TA and at the very low end for pH (if I'm to trust  the Taylor results over the strips.) How does one lower TA and raise pH? O r do I just do nothing? I seem to remember a while ago someone saying something about using soda ash instead of baking soda to adjust one without effecting the other, but that must have been over a week ago and I'm 52. ;D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 02:32:09 pm by Warkovision »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 02:16:59 pm »
Congratulations. Another soaker!.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 02:22:54 pm »
Enjoy!  My HS Envoy comes tomorrow AM!  Hopefully I'll get the electrical connected for a Friday inspection and will be soaking by Labor Day.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 02:48:09 pm »
Wow, Just tested for TA 120.
 pH 7.2

This poses an interesting question. I'm at the very high end for TA and at the very low end for pH

I believe this is a common newbie mistake. You mention that you are are at the very end of the ranges for PH and alkalinity. My advice, quit while your ahead. You have both in range.  Now look at what those reading do in the long run after use and adding sanitizers.  I like to take a minimalist approach to adding chemicals and get things in range and don't try for perfection.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Warkovision

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2004, 03:00:06 pm »

I believe this is a common newbie mistake. You mention that you are are at the very end of the ranges for PH and alkalinity. My advice, quit while your ahead. You have both in range.  Now look at what those reading do in the long run after use and adding sanitizers.  I like to take a minimalist approach to adding chemicals and get things in range and don't try for perfection.

Sounds good to me. I like easy. Probably another hour and the electricians will be finished. I'll try to get some pix up.

Sol, we wet tested 5 different manufacturers tubs and liked the Hotspring the best. I like the Moto jets myself. My wife can take 'em or leave 'em. She really wanted the lounger and I didn't. The Envoy just didn't seem quite big enough and that's how we arrived at the Vista. We ended up with the synthetic redwood exterior with the white pearl interior.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 03:01:50 pm by Warkovision »

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2004, 03:35:33 pm »
Congrat Warko on the new Vista.

I am waiting for the exact same setup to show at my dealer any week now.  

Good luck with the chems and keep up posted on your progress.

Jonathan

Sol_Dahbrishinsky

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2004, 03:41:06 pm »
Wark:

How do you like that corner seat (across from the lounge with the arms.)  That looks intriguing to me.  I want to test if there enough varying seat levels.  Will wettest soon!!!!  :o

Sol

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2004, 05:03:40 pm »
Congrats. Another wet test veteran has reached the promise land.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2004, 06:38:42 pm »
Congratulations!
Soak long and prosper.

May your jets always jet,
and your thersmostat stay set.
May the joy of soaking
Which is fun - no joking,
Fill each night with relaxation, peace and bliss,
And may your kids always find another place to  - um - hang out.

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D ;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Warkovision

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2004, 07:17:51 pm »
Thanks everybody! Here's a link to some pix. I hope it works. Still have a bunch of beautification to do with the surroundings, but that's wifey's department ;D Still a few more hours till critical mass.

http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/mzimo@pacbell.net/lst?.dir=/Hot+Tub

UnderTheStars

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2004, 08:39:51 pm »
Whooo-hooo!  Congratulations on your new toy!  Just climbed out of my HS Vanguard (pearl/grey,) came inside and checked out your pics.   Very nice set-up.  We'll be over this weekend for the cookout!
Stars

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2004, 08:39:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42