What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time buyer in Florida  (Read 3570 times)

beachome6

First time buyer in Florida
« on: March 21, 2018, 05:21:46 pm »
We are looking at 3 different brands of hot tubs, Vita, Aspen, and Nordic.  I know these are not top brands and most would tell us to look at Hot Springs, Bull Frog or Marquis, which are the other options in our small town.  However, we are going with the best reputation for the dealer in the area, and these are our options. My question is, living 45 minutes from the beach, should we be concerned with the steel in the Vita? Our price is anything under 10k.

Hot Tub Forum

First time buyer in Florida
« on: March 21, 2018, 05:21:46 pm »

Sam

Re: First time buyer in Florida
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 07:30:02 pm »
Yes, being near the ocean a vita or max spa will get rusted out pretty quickly, or so I've heard multiple times.  Have not seen first hand, though.  Nordic makes decent spas.  Not familiar with Aspen at all. 

beachome6

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 09:29:13 pm »
Thank you for the reply.  I know we would be good with a Nordic.  Aspen is a company out of Missouri.  Their customer reviews are really good, just not a big leader in the industry, so who knows.

bradleyabell

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 11:43:39 am »
Thank you for the reply.  I know we would be good with a Nordic.  Aspen is a company out of Missouri.  Their customer reviews are really good, just not a big leader in the industry, so who knows.

Please make sure you wet test the tub before purchasing...We went to Nordic's manufacturing location in Grand Rapids, Michigan and found their tubs to be made our of a more rough material and not very comfortable at all.  They were also originally in my top 3.  Ended up not even in the top 10.

Ghvf

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 09:44:49 pm »
Nordics have pretty smooth surfaces compared to a rotomold. Don't know what you sat in.

bradleyabell

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 07:34:16 am »
Nordics have pretty smooth surfaces compared to a rotomold. Don't know what you sat in.

We sat in multiple tubs at where they actually manufacture the tubs in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  They are made out of a more coarse, rougher material than acrylic.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 10:54:22 am »

But Nordics are roto-molded spas or did something change?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Ghvf

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 12:11:02 pm »
Rougher than acrylic but not as rough as rotomolded tubs. They are made with HDPE and vacuumed into the shell...not traditional rotomold. Another way to look at it is acrylic is super slippery and your chances of slipping and falling on it are much greater. To each their own of course.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 04:19:32 pm »
Rougher than acrylic but not as rough as rotomolded tubs. They are made with HDPE and vacuumed into the shell...not traditional rotomold. Another way to look at it is acrylic is super slippery and your chances of slipping and falling on it are much greater. To each their own of course.

Please, are you trying to insinuate acrylic is unsafe? You seem to be saying that Rotomolded spas are rough and acrylic is too smooth and Nordic is just right.

There's just a bit of salesmanship going on.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Ghvf

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 04:35:35 pm »
Sorry, I'm not a saleperson. Acrylic is the business standard and I'm not implying it's unsafe. Sorry to get anyone's gears out of order.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 04:35:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42