What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New to Hot Tubs: Top Reliable Brands?  (Read 27151 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: New to Hot Tubs: Top Reliable Brands?
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2018, 06:45:49 am »
Really intrigued to hear the 3 or 4 reasons the engineering is flawed

Read back. If you don't want to see them you won't.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2018, 06:45:49 am »

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2018, 04:10:11 pm »
To get back on point [Guys, stay on point.  This isn't about any of you but about the original poster] I hope that the originator of the thread will do this: 

1.  See who's in your area.  If the brands you've listed are in your area, and can be delivered and serviced by a local dealer, stay within those confines.  Don't worry about brands that are not locally  represented, as you wont buy anything you wont be able to get delivered and serviced.
2.  Read up on the dealer:  If their reviews are poor overall, you may want to skip them.
3.  Wet test!  Its the only way to understand what COMFORT MEANS TO YOU AND ONLY YOU.
4.  See what pricing is in your range.
5.  If the answer isn't obvious, come back to the forum to try and make sense of whatever it is that you're still not sure about.

Sorry- but sometimes these guys get way off topic.  I hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2018, 04:59:56 pm »
Your right Wiz....I think Zinger needs to start his own thread why he thinks BF is the next best thing since sliced bread as he stated that started this mess.

I would love in on that thread. And maybe we can get one of those illustrious BF engineers in there also.
Retired

Sam

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2018, 03:49:51 pm »
Nothing wrong with a good, spirited debate. 

jtd1216

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2018, 09:32:46 pm »
Thanks Wizard of Spas. I was trying to wait it out for these guys to cool their jets and get back to my original post LOL I'm going to try to visit a couple local dealers this week.

I want to try to find something with the "best bang for your buck" in the $6-8k range, with a good balance of quality and features, and that feels most comfortable to us. Looks like according to local dealers, I'd have to find that in Bullfrog, D1 or Hot Springs which all seem to be reputable brands according to the folks on this site.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2018, 09:49:10 am »
Thanks Wizard of Spas. I was trying to wait it out for these guys to cool their jets and get back to my original post LOL I'm going to try to visit a couple local dealers this week.

I want to try to find something with the "best bang for your buck" in the $6-8k range, with a good balance of quality and features, and that feels most comfortable to us. Looks like according to local dealers, I'd have to find that in Bullfrog, D1 or Hot Springs which all seem to be reputable brands according to the folks on this site.

Seems you're on the right track.  The original series of steps I posted helps buyers streamline the decision process.  See what is even available to purchase first. Then, if you don't know what you want, figure out what you don't want.  Then cut the list even further by being a dealer detective. 

You're correct- The 3 brands you mentioned are reputable and have a long history in the industry.  Pros and cons to all 3 manufacturers (as there is with every manufacturer, even the one I work for), but as noted, wet tests will probably make the decision for you.  Afterall, you're buying for comfort and nobody can tell you what is comfortable. 

Glad you're all straightened out.  Good luck moving forward.

jtd1216

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2018, 09:56:57 am »
Thank you so much Wizard! If I may ask, what are the pros and cons of the three brands, even if brief? I think that would help a great deal when I visit them to look.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2018, 01:04:24 pm »
Thank you so much Wizard! If I may ask, what are the pros and cons of the three brands, even if brief? I think that would help a great deal when I visit them to look.

In the interest of fairness, b/c I work for a manufacturer, I'll leave it to others who sell the specific products to chime in on what they perceive as negatives/positives about the brand.  I'd just prefer to stay professional in that realm of questioning.  Apologies for that.

The only fact I will state is that Bullfrog is made in the USA whereas the other two are made in Mexico, if that is something that you prioritize. 

There are many insightful and talented forum members who contribute quite frequently to this discussion board who will be able to convey some of the more well-known thoughts on the aforementioned brands, so I have no doubt you'll be able to get your answers swiftly.

[EDIT:  Spelling, syntax]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 01:06:35 pm by The Wizard of Spas »

castletonia

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2018, 01:08:36 pm »
Not all of Hot Spring is made in Mexico.  The Highlife and NXT's are made in California and the Hot Spot and Limelight are Mexico.

jtd1216

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2018, 01:20:20 pm »
Thank you Wizard. Care to offer any cons of the manufacturer you work for and pros from the brands you don't???? :) That ought to be mighty unbiased!

That's Mexico vs. USA is not a huge priority for me. I don't mind spreading the love throughout the continent. China, that's another story.

I'd love some feedback from other as well, it might give me a good idea what I'm aiming for. For example, one company might be especially known for their energy efficiency, whereas one might be for their jets. I'd be able to prioritize those pros/cons based on my priorities!

pwjoshua

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2018, 02:48:39 pm »
We are also looking at hot tubs. I have heard that Saratoga is a good brand, but it wasn't mentioned at all in this thread. Any thoughts?

d00nut

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2018, 04:23:08 pm »
Thank you Wizard. Care to offer any cons of the manufacturer you work for and pros from the brands you don't???? :) That ought to be mighty unbiased!

That's Mexico vs. USA is not a huge priority for me. I don't mind spreading the love throughout the continent. China, that's another story.

I'd love some feedback from other as well, it might give me a good idea what I'm aiming for. For example, one company might be especially known for their energy efficiency, whereas one might be for their jets. I'd be able to prioritize those pros/cons based on my priorities!

My biggest issue with the whole Mexico vs. USA thing, is the USA manufacturers act as if their quality is immensely superior to the Mexican made stuff.  That simply isn't the case.  Great examples of this is all the garbage made in the USA... such as:
-Clearwater
-Almost everything out of Tennessee which includes: Dr. wellness, Laguana bay, Signature spas, etc
- Cal Spas... oh my gosh... Don't get me started on Cal

Not garbage, but certainly not top tier:
- Maax and Vita
- Strong Spas
- Master Spas (Company is garbage, spas are not all that bad ;))

The bottom line, is the "Made in USA" honestly has been completely and totally abused, not to the fault of great manufacturers such as Bullfrog, Artesian, and Marquis.  Abused so much that manufacturers and dealers try to get consumers to make emotional "patriotic" decisions that have almost no merit in terms of how well the thing will perform over the next 10-15 years.

I love the USA... don't get me wrong.  I also love my macbook pro I am writing this on.  Which isn't built here btw ;)  Go off quality, not off where it is made!

TO pwjoshua:

Saratoga makes a good hot tub.  Not to much experience with it, however, I know some dealers that have and they have had good luck.  I believe they do have different levels of insulation and stuff, so make sure you check that out.

Sam

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2018, 06:07:27 pm »

My biggest issue with the whole Mexico vs. USA thing, is the USA manufacturers act as if their quality is immensely superior to the Mexican made stuff.  That simply isn't the case.  Great examples of this is all the garbage made in the USA... such as:
-Clearwater
-Almost everything out of Tennessee which includes: Dr. wellness, Laguana bay, Signature spas, etc

- Maax and Vita
- Strong Spas

The bottom line, is the "Made in USA" honestly has been completely and totally abused, not to the fault of great manufacturers such as Bullfrog, Artesian, and Marquis.  Abused so much that manufacturers and dealers try to get consumers to make emotional "patriotic" decisions that have almost no merit in terms of how well the thing will perform over the next 10-15 years.

I love the USA... don't get me wrong.  I also love my macbook pro I am writing this on.  Which isn't built here btw ;)  Go off quality, not off where it is made!

TO pwjoshua:

Saratoga makes a good hot tub.  Not to much experience with it, however, I know some dealers that have and they have had good luck.  I believe they do have different levels of insulation and stuff, so make sure you check that out.

Good post

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2018, 02:38:58 pm »

-Clearwater

- Maax and Vita
- Strong Spas

TO pwjoshua:

So I get that.  And that is a reasoned and rational response.  In the spirit of that response, and with respect to you as I in no way think you're uninformed or otherwise not a knowledgeable poster with great insight, do you really fell that its just an emotional pitch or a quality pitch or both?  That is just an honest question- Not trying to point-counter-point. 

I think its not really a quality issue when relaying US vs Mexico.  It seems to me that its more of a jobs (labor laws), economy (keeping money in the country), ecology thing (skirting EPA laws).  But I never looked at it from your point of view and hence the "ask".  But then that could be an emotional sale.  Who knows.  I just like hearing about these things from others.

But for fun:  You don't have an option to buy an american-made computer so that analogy doesn't work :)   [that was totally bratty of me]

[EDIT:  SPELLING & CLARIFICATION]

« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 02:54:29 pm by The Wizard of Spas »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2018, 06:41:58 pm »
All of the highest quality electronics come from......................

This can be said for a lot of things. It's the processes and the companies that make a good product not the location of manufacturing.

The best ammunition in the world is made in the USA. It also cost the most.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2018, 06:41:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42