What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Why Canadians love hot tubs.  (Read 4301 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Why Canadians love hot tubs.
« on: August 30, 2004, 08:04:46 am »
(Forgive the repost of what has appeared on other boards.

This weekend I finally got to try something I have wanted to do for 30 years. I grew up in Erie, Pa on the southern shores of Lake Erie. From my bedroom window I could see across the lake into Ontario. When we first got cable TV back in the 70s, we got two Ontario stations and I use to get up every Saturday morning and
watch curling. Well Curling has finally come to Columbus and I attended a 3 hour clinic. You know how you use muscles you haven't use before and they protest the next day? Add in Hockey, its easy to see why we see so many Canadians on these hot tub message boards.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Why Canadians love hot tubs.
« on: August 30, 2004, 08:04:46 am »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
Re: Why Canadians love hot tubs.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 09:00:35 am »
its easy to see why we see so many Canadians on these hot tub message boards.

;)

I do have many other reasons for owning a tub but one of the most direct reasons why is all of the outdoor activities we do. Hunting, skating in the winter on the world's longest ice rick (the Rideau Canal), hockey, and the list goes on.  

But I also noticed Bill that there are a number of Americans from the northern states on this board too.  
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 09:06:25 am by doodoo »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 11:57:27 am »
I grew up in upstate NY where we got the CBC. I wasn't too keen on most shows they had on (not a hockey fan, could only watch a few minutes of CFL and did anyone really watch the Beachcombers?) but I was always fascinatd by Curling. I'd love to try it sometime.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 12:54:20 pm »
but I was always fascinatd by Curling. I'd love to try it sometime.

That was my main reason for the post, to mention I got to try it out finally after 30 years :)  The soreness set it Sunday night, thank goodness for the tub.  

Trying it was everything I thought it would be.  My quick thoughts on the experience.

1. I think this is a sport, while requiring physical effort , people of all ages, male or female, can complete on equal terms.

2. The delivery is one of the most awkward things I have tried, but probably easier for someone around 18 and not 40 pounds overweight.

3. This sport requires more finess than anything I have tried.  The amount of difference in the amount of energy to leave a shot too short or way too long is almsot negligible.  Leagues start in Oct, so I'll see how it goes.

4. The winners always buy the first round. (That should suit me for a year or two)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 08:35:50 pm »
Curling is awesome!  There isn't anything too organized in these parts (NC) - but I played growing up and through high school/college.  Both my dad and step mom were very competitive - she won the Provincial's once in the Business Ladies class!  

We are thankfully able to watch Canadian broadcasts down here so keep up with what's going on.  Unfortunately TSN lost a ton of broadcast rights I heard, to the CBC - so I am bettin' that coverage won't be as granular this year... drag.

Good to see the board back!

Jodi
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 09:44:16 pm »
"Please let there be a hockey season..."

Single game tickets go on sale this week, they are probably being optimistic.

OnMedic

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 10:01:08 pm »
Word from the inside... don't get your hopes up!

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 11:35:01 am »
...there just happens to be a game tonight...Canada vs. US - World Cup of Hockey......yehaaa
How do you know how much you don't know?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2004, 12:05:46 pm »
...there just happens to be a game tonight...Canada vs. US - World Cup of Hockey......yehaaa

I got to watch the American team practice in the same facility I was curling in.  They played a few games here last week.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2004, 12:20:45 pm »
Word from the inside... don't get your hopes up!

From the outside: get your fill because you won't be seeing much hockey in the fall unless the players come to their senses (fat chance). The owners/players screwed this thing up by thinking they could pay these guys like they're in the NBA but the revenue just isn't there and there is no way the owners will continue down this road. You can lay blame wherever you want but the reality is the owners will hold firm until the players give back.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2004, 12:20:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42