What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nature2, MPS, and green water  (Read 5266 times)

stingfan

Nature2, MPS, and green water
« on: August 26, 2004, 09:56:28 pm »
Hello all

Still no suggestions for my lime green water (well water, see post from AmySue re: Green Monster)  Have switched from Baqua to Nature2, but  water still turns green on second day.   All readings in normal ranges.

My other question is this:  I shocked today with the recommended amount of Renew (MPS) and the chemical odor tonight is absolutely overwhelming.  I thought this was to be an odor free method?!  Am I supposed to wait 24 hours after shocking to use the tub?

Does anyone think my ozonater is turning my water green?

I am considering getting my money back for this costly purchase.  I feel defeated at this point.  I have spent $$$ on different chemicals, and refilling/reheating my water so many times. I try to get help from dealers but they don't seem to have any real knowledge of water chemistry.  They keep telling me all about bacteria, overusage, algae.......this is happening on the second day for Gods sake, with no use at all, and following all chemical regimens exactly.

Any encouragement or suggestions out there?  I've seen what seems to be some very helpful posts by knowledgeable people.  This is the best forum I"ve found.
Thanks. :'(

Hot Tub Forum

Nature2, MPS, and green water
« on: August 26, 2004, 09:56:28 pm »

bethshar

Re: Nature2, MPS, and green water
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 10:33:13 pm »
From all the info on this forum - I would say that you need chlorine.  I have ozone and nature 2 - My dealer has me using only dichlor - 1-2 tsp after use, and 1-2 TB evbery 7-10 days.  I would try a dichlor shock.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 11:30:16 pm »
If your well water has an enormous amount of minerals, as most does.  Are you using a good 16 oz. of a Stain and Metal control product at fill up?

You should then wait 48 hrs. to place the Nature II after the S&M control.  During the 48 hrs. use dichlor to sanitize.

Nature II directions do suggest the use of dichlor weekly or with heavy usage and shock as you are getting into the tub.

Hope that this helps.

stiffy

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 02:29:33 am »
Take a water sample to a pool or spa place to be fully tested

stingfan

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 06:48:05 am »
I have done all of these things.  This is not a bacteria or algae problem.  

I used MetalGon on fill up, followed by initial high dose of dichlor (1 hr. after using the MetalGon).  I am using the MPS as the dealer (and Nature2) instructs, once per week and small amt. before each use.  well, not really, the green water occurs after 48 hours so I really haven't even had a chance  to get into a chemical treatment routine.  The Nature2 cartridge was place in to the filter 24hours after the MetalGon was introduced per instructions.  My  tub is crystal clear but has a light green tint.  Because my shell is pearl white, it is even more pronounced I believe.

When I first tried Baqua Spa, also followed those directions precisely and got the green water at 48 hours. This is not product specific and not algae.

Any chemists out there?

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 07:55:58 am »
Are your filter(s) turning brown?  When the water goes into the tub, all the iron and minerals are diluted in the water.  In order to take them out, a special inline filter must be installed before the water gets to the tub.  A normal fill filter will not do the trick.  

Now that the water is in the tub, when you add chlorine and MPS, you are oxidizing the minerals out of solution.  
If you have a product like superblue or any other water clarifyer, try that.  Your tub should foam up like a bubble bath.  You might even see what looks like sand on top of the bubbles.  Scoop out those bubbles, or, if you have a wet vac, suck them out.   This process will take about 15-30 minutes.  

George

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 08:55:07 am »
bethshar and rocket are correct.
I use no MPS at all....only dichlor for sanitation and shocking.  I suggest you read Northman's and Vermonter's FAQ at rhtubs.com and rely on them as opposed to the information you are getting from your dealer.  After following the url below, click on the FAQ link at the top of the page and then follow links referring to Northman and Vermonter.  You can't go wrong with either of these.  Good luck!
http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/bbs/config.pl
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 07:16:58 pm »
I want to 2nd Windsurfdog's comments about using the chem regimen by Northman and Vermonter.  I've been doing that since Day 1 and its been great.  I dont use MPS either, only dichlor.  

After using the MetalGon, I think you are supposed to rinse your filter again to remove the stuff that the MetalGon put there.  That might help your water a bit.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 07:16:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42