What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2017 Arctic Spa - Active Weir Skimmer  (Read 2503 times)

pkgLOT

2017 Arctic Spa - Active Weir Skimmer
« on: February 19, 2018, 04:11:05 pm »
Lately I have noticed that the active weir skimmer (the one with the small pleated filter), no longer submerges when the spa is filtering.  I thought it might be related to dirty/clogged filter, but I just changed them when I changed the water yesterday. The only time the weir skimmer will submerge is if pump one is on full.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Thoughts/fixes?

Hot Tub Forum

2017 Arctic Spa - Active Weir Skimmer
« on: February 19, 2018, 04:11:05 pm »

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
Re: 2017 Arctic Spa - Active Weir Skimmer
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 12:11:41 pm »
The weir skimmer should be sucked down when pump 1 is on low speed.  This might be a warranty issue but again without being at your tub I can't fully diagnose this.  What is the serial number of your spa?  I want to see what tub you have with what options.  This way I can be sure to tell you that this is correct.  All I need is the last 6 digits. 

Also did you try calling the dealer you purchased the spa from? 

FYI I'm an Arctic Spa Dealer for 19 years so hopefully I can help. 

pkgLOT

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 03:06:12 pm »
Thank you very much for your reply.  The last six digits of the serial are 170695 or 178695 (not quite sure because it's covered in ice).  I did speak with sales at the dealer that I purchased the tub from.  He wasn't aware of this issue and wasn't tremendously helpful, so I thought I would try to find out more information online.  Until recently it has always been submerged with pump 1 on low, so I'm concerned that there may be an issue that needs addressing.  Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Guru

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 04:16:24 pm »
My guess is pump 1 low speed isn't working properly.  Maybe calling the store and ask for service/warranty. 

Right now my dealer website is down for maintenance so I can't check your serial number.

How many pumps does your tub have?

Do you have an ozone system on your spa?  Would be called Peak 1 Ozone or Peak 2 Ozone? 

How many filters weirs does your tub have?

Do you know the model of your spa?

pkgLOT

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 09:43:02 am »
Thanks again for the reply.  We have the Summit Legend Series (3 pumps) with Spa Boy (does not have Ozone), and the spa has two weirs/filters.  I spoke with dealer service yesterday and they had not encountered this issue before.  I was told that it's "not a big deal" and to "monitor" things to see if it gets worse.  That just didn't seem to sit right with me, so I thought I would seek more information.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Guru

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 04:32:45 pm »
Does one pull down when pump 1 is on?  if so that's fine.  You are still using both filters as the bottom suctions go to the filters on pump 1. 

pkgLOT

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 11:22:51 am »
When pump 1 is on full, the weir filter goes down.  I was just concerned because it used to go down with pump 1 on low and that doesn't seem to happen anymore. 

Hot Tub Guru

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 11:39:34 am »
When pump 1 is on low speed does the other one go down?  If so shouldn't be a problem.  Only if both don't go down when on low. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 11:39:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42