What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: EDITED - Caldera Salina vs Sundance Chelsee... or Jacuzzi J-365  (Read 2822 times)

macmanjpc

EDITED - Caldera Salina vs Sundance Chelsee... or Jacuzzi J-365
« on: February 02, 2018, 04:55:19 pm »
UPDATE... After further consideration I am moving the 365 to third on our short list behind the Caldera Salina and the Sundance Chelsee. Both those tubs offer us the features and price we want, at least on paper. We are wet testing both models back to back tomorrow morning.

----------------------------------------------------------

Have to admit a couple things. First... total newbie. Second... been obsessing over the details of hot tub features. Been a bit of a steep learning curve having never owned one.

We’ve looked at all the manufacturers with established dealers close the us and seem to have narrow a down our choices to the Caldera Salina and the Jacuzzi J-365... with an outside contender in the Sundance Chelsee. Each are about $1000 CDN difference in negotiated price with the Caldera being the least and the Jacuzzi being most.

As you can imagine, with so much $$ on the line I’m not second guessing everything. Can anyone help me with this. Should I just take the least expensive or is the Jacuzzi worth the extra $1625 CDN?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 01:26:09 pm by macmanjpc »

Hot Tub Forum

EDITED - Caldera Salina vs Sundance Chelsee... or Jacuzzi J-365
« on: February 02, 2018, 04:55:19 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Caldera Salina or Jacuzzi J-365
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 05:12:10 pm »
Have to admit a couple things. First... total newbie. Second... been obsessing over the details of hot tub features. Been a bit of a steep learning curve having never owned one.

We’ve looked at all the manufacturers with established dealers close the us and seem to have narrow a down our choices to the Caldera Salina and the Jacuzzi J-365... with an outside contender in the Sundance Chelsee. Each are about $1000 CDN difference in negotiated price with the Caldera being the least and the Jacuzzi being most.

As you can imagine, with so much $$ on the line I’m not second guessing everything. Can anyone help me with this. Should I just take the least expensive or is the Jacuzzi worth the extra $1625 CDN?

Thanks!

in my humble opinion absolutely not, but you may want to wet test to confirm what you and your family like best

macmanjpc

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 05:31:40 pm »

in my humble opinion absolutely not, but you may want to wet test to confirm what you and your family like best

Absolutely not worth the extra $$ or absolutely don’t choose the less expensive tub?

Thanks!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 07:36:30 pm »

Thanks!

Don't buy Caldera just because its less expensive and don't get the Jacuzzi because you think the higher price means its a better product. Base it on which spa you think fits your needs best, which dealer seems better (unless they both seem like they'll treat you well after the sale) and by all means you really should try to wet test.

If in the end it really seems like a tie go with your gut, go with whichever seems like a better deal overall, or flip a coin  ;), your choice.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 08:36:44 pm »

Thanks!

Jacuzzi has "something" different. You have to try the jets to see it. I see it but it's propitiatory and I don't like that.
Retired

macmanjpc

Re: EDITED - Caldera Salina vs Sundance Chelsee... or Jacuzzi J-365
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 01:26:58 pm »
UPDATE... After further consideration I am moving the 365 to third on our short list behind the Caldera Salina and the Sundance Chelsee. Both those tubs offer us the features and price we want, at least on paper. We are wet testing both models back to back tomorrow morning.

In the unlikely event that we don't like either we'll move on to the Jacuzzi.

Thanks for your continued input.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: EDITED - Caldera Salina vs Sundance Chelsee... or Jacuzzi J-365
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 01:26:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42