What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Unusual pet problem  (Read 2358 times)

Jerold

Unusual pet problem
« on: January 17, 2018, 06:37:47 am »
I live in west-central Florida and would like to put a cover on my hot tub.  It does get cold here in the winter (25 is cold when you have coconut and royal palms)  I use my tub year round due to severe Restless legs syndrome.  The bubbling water overdrives that unpleasant sensation).  The issue I have is with my two cats.  They like to spend the days out on the pool deck. Unfortunately, despite having a Cat Genie litter box (washings itself and pumps the waste into the sanitary sewer) in a bench box with an access door on it, one of my cats will occasionally pee and poop on any large flat horizontal surface.  Obviously, I do not want to build something that will turn into a makeshift litter box.

I would appreciate any helpful suggestions that do not involve shooting, hanging or otherwise killing the cats.

Hot Tub Forum

Unusual pet problem
« on: January 17, 2018, 06:37:47 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Unusual pet problem
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 11:32:38 am »
I live in west-central Florida and would like to put a cover on my hot tub.  It does get cold here in the winter (25 is cold when you have coconut and royal palms)  I use my tub year round due to severe Restless legs syndrome.  The bubbling water overdrives that unpleasant sensation).  The issue I have is with my two cats.  They like to spend the days out on the pool deck. Unfortunately, despite having a Cat Genie litter box (washings itself and pumps the waste into the sanitary sewer) in a bench box with an access door on it, one of my cats will occasionally pee and poop on any large flat horizontal surface.  Obviously, I do not want to build something that will turn into a makeshift litter box.

I would appreciate any helpful suggestions that do not involve shooting, hanging or otherwise killing the cats.

Welcome to the forum!   My cats are indoor only so I don't have that problem. There are some feral cats in the neighborhood, but I don't have any problem, other than occasionally seeing dirty footprints on the cover.    Maybe occasional use of commercially available cat repellent?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chartreux

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 02:06:20 pm »
Hello. I have 4 cats mine are all indoors as well. For each cat you should have 1 litter box.  4 cats I have 4 boxes. Cats can be territorial and this applies to the litter boxes. too. So first get a second litter box. If that doesn't help you may need to take one of your kitties to the vet, cats can get stressed many reason they go outside the box a vet might help you. Long haired cats can sometimes drag the poop outside the box but a good pair of nail scissors can help solved that (trim hairs around cats butt and back legs but be care-ful your vet should show you). Or since your kitties are outdoors could it be another cat doing that or are your sure it's your cat?

Second yes you can buy a cover for your spa/hot tub and if you go that route you may want a cover lifter as the covers are very heavy. When I'm home alone I can only fold the cover in half, we did not get a lifter (big mistake). we have a small Sundance Dover so that's how heavy they are...

Hope this helps

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 01:52:34 pm »
Hello. I have 4 cats mine are all indoors as well. For each cat you should have 1 litter box.  4 cats I have 4 boxes. Cats can be territorial and this applies to the litter boxes. too. So first get a second litter box. If that doesn't help you may need to take one of your kitties to the vet, cats can get stressed many reason they go outside the box a vet might help you. Long haired cats can sometimes drag the poop outside the box but a good pair of nail scissors can help solved that (trim hairs around cats butt and back legs but be care-ful your vet should show you). Or since your kitties are outdoors could it be another cat doing that or are your sure it's your cat?

Second yes you can buy a cover for your spa/hot tub and if you go that route you may want a cover lifter as the covers are very heavy. When I'm home alone I can only fold the cover in half, we did not get a lifter (big mistake). we have a small Sundance Dover so that's how heavy they are...

Hope this helps

He must have forgotten about us, he never came back.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 01:52:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42