What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Lighting Question  (Read 2231 times)

spa_owner99

Artesian Lighting Question
« on: January 05, 2018, 04:37:14 pm »
Fellow Spa Owners,

I recently took delivery of a new Artesian Captiva with the DynaPoint lighting system.  I've noticed an interesting lighting feature which I can't quite determine if it's by design.  When you first turn on the lights it scrolls through the different colors, but instead of fading them into each other like I'd expect, it flickers them off then back on each time there is a color change.  Does anyone know if this is normal and by design?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian Lighting Question
« on: January 05, 2018, 04:37:14 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Artesian Lighting Question
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 05:10:55 pm »
mostly likely by design, Bullfrog has similar lighting features: 1. you can keep it on one constant color 2. you can slowly "rotate" or "blend" through the colors 3. you can "blink" through the colors (which is what you are describing) and 4. obnoxious, I don't know why they even do it "strobe" through the colors :-)

spa_owner99

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 08:35:59 pm »
Thanks BullFrogSpasMN,

What's odd is it sounds like you have multiple options for color switching while my Artesian only works as you described in option 3.  While I don't mean to get too excited over the color switching features, I have young kids who love the settings and it makes no sense to me why they would have them go from one color, flicker off, then to the next.  It's pretty annoying and I can't see any customer enjoying this methodology, which make me thing something is wrong.

Dave

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 11:38:26 am »
My Caldera has a color change mode and it smoothly changes. The thing that bugs me about it is when doing the changes it makes colors that are not on the menu. Not that they are colors I would select very often. The colors are all made from RGB red green and blue just like a TV or projector and the combination of all 3 makes white. Not sure I would want to soak in a white tub but white would be nice when I check the water at night. Also my tub always defaults to blue. If I want to change the color of everything I have to go thru 4 steps. I wish it would remember the last colors.

Best bet for you would be to ask your dealer or go in and try their demo tub and see if it works the same.

I know they program tricks into the tub that owners don’t know about and are not in the manual. I found out if I hold one button down for 5 seconds my whole display flips so you can read it from in the tub.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 11:38:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42