What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Are my jets working properly?  (Read 3375 times)

spcial_k

Are my jets working properly?
« on: December 13, 2017, 12:32:39 pm »
I believe the tub has a main pump and a blower. One jet blows water and I can adjust the air that comes out of it. I believe this is the main jet that circulates the water and heats the tub. When activated, all other jets blow air. Is this normal?  There are tiny holes throughout the tub that blow air as well.

Hot Tub Forum

Are my jets working properly?
« on: December 13, 2017, 12:32:39 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Are my jets working properly?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 01:25:30 pm »
  There is a separate device that is just a blower, does not move water.  Waste of time IMO, it can cool the water down.   That is what is blowing up through those little holes.  Then there is one or two jet pumps moving water, which can and do have valves that allow air through the jets.  No idea if yours has knobs on the top of spa that control air? 

spcial_k

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 03:03:03 pm »
There are 2 valves on top of the tub. (1 black and 1 white) One controls amount of air through the main jet. The other controls the remaining jets. However only air is passing through the remaining jets. is that normal? 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 04:23:01 pm »
  So only air is coming out of the remaining jets, not water?   Jets should have water or a water/air mix, usually.   Tiny holes in btm air/bubbles only.

spcial_k

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 04:38:03 pm »
yes only air is coming out of the remaining jets.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 06:52:31 pm »
  If you turn just the blower on, does air come out of the jets you are talking about?   

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 08:28:41 pm »
Might have a failed diverter valve.
Retired

spcial_k

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 08:47:29 pm »
When jets light is on, nothing happens. When blower light is on air through all jets and little holes except for main jet.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 10:48:32 am »
 Can you turn the main jet left or right?   Or get some pics up here so we can see the jet and spa.

spcial_k

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 08:45:36 am »
Pictures attached for referencing.
I had a malfunction prior to adding water to the tub. I shorted a wire internally. I unplugged everything from the controller and forgot to take a picture to re-plug everything back in. I found the Red connector can only go in 1 slot and the controls the main pump. The plug below goes to the blower. and the big black plug goes to the topside control panel.

All lights on, however only main pump is heating/blowing water.

Jets on, but water from main pump is heating/blowing water.

Main pump blowing water, all jets and small holes blowing air.

The white valve controls air to the main pump. The black diverts which half of the tub is blowing bubbles.

Right get is main pump that is always blowing water. The other 2 jets blow air when activated.

Jet across the way is blowing air when activated. What are the two items at the footwell called? how do you know if they are functioning properly?

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:16:09 am by spcial_k »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 10:54:05 am »
 The two things in the btm are suctions for the main pump.    The bigger jet by the step can you turn that left or right?

That's a really old spa.

spcial_k

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 11:09:58 am »
yeah it was never used by the previous owners for 15 years. I had to change out the top load filter cartridge cause of a broken cap. i can rotate the nozzle around the main jet. it does not change anything.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 04:13:37 pm »
  How about that ring that has finger grooves, can you turn that?     On some spas, that ring will turn and work as a divertor, and send some if not all of that water to the other jets.     Other then that, your on your own there bud.  Not sure what else to tell you  :'(

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 05:42:54 pm »
Your going to get wet and the inside of your tub is going to get wet also. Take the access panel off and check the feed plumbing to the pump for obstructions. That is the plumbing that starts at the filter and ends at the pump. Loosen it at the pump and make sure it's good and wet.

Then after that check the plumbing that feeds the jets. Start at the pump loosen the first fitting past the heater while the pump is running and make sure you get good and wet, tighten it back up.

The pump is running and sounds good? Both valves on each side of the pump are open and functioning properly?
Retired

spcial_k

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 06:00:34 pm »
Jim set me straight with his recommendation on the turning the jet ring. When i attempted it the first time it was very tight and would not budge. I attempted it over the weekend with some force and was able to turn it. I am now able to enjoy all the jets blowing water. Thanks for everything gentleman!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 06:00:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42