What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Pricing Guide(s)?  (Read 19603 times)

wondertubs

Re: Hot Tub Pricing Guide(s)?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 12:57:09 pm »
That buying guide is for hot tubs in general. Not caldera Spas. That's the biggest point you are missing
I already addressed that (it doesn't generally include all spas in that price range, because some are half as much, for being more similar than different), and it doesn't help matters to say that the point is to be misleading otherwise, or what's your point?  Like I said, if they want me to think their tubs are value priced, as such, I'll entertain the thought of it, and if nobody else wants to play along, I'll look at something else (or already did that too).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:18:10 pm by wondertubs »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 12:57:09 pm »

castletonia

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 01:17:35 pm »
Specs are irrelevant when comparing prices.  I've sold hot tubs for almost 17 years.  I have sold top-tier brands over the last 4 years (Hot Spring, Caldera, and Marquis) and prior it was either brands that were regional (lesser known) or middle of the road (Saratoga, Great Lakes, Coast Spas, Sunrise) and a low-quality brand in Cal Spas.  There is a reason quality brands cost more.  Its because they are better quality, will last longer, and support the dealer and consumer. 

10 years ago Cal Spas could offer an 8'x8' spa with 60 + jets, 3 pumps, circulation pump, full foam, and a 5-year warranty for less money than I pay for a Hot Spring Jetsetter today.  How is that?  Lower quality cabinet that looks bad after a few years in the elements, full foam was not as much foam, super low quality cover, unreliable pumps, don't pay out on warranty claims and build a spa that is meant to last 5-8 years, not 15+.  But to the uneducated consumer, the Cal Spa was a tremendous value and the more expensive spa was overpriced or the consumer was being gouged. 

Also, in regards to your reference last night about the auto industry comparison.  This is a much smaller industry and a much less mature industry.  Your never going to find an accurate price guide like you are looking for.

wondertubs

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 01:24:09 pm »
I'm not looking here so much as giving anyone else the opportunity to introduce their value spas to me (in case I missed something), although if there is no such thing, then no wonder.  If you want to say that one kind lasts twice as long, but costs three times as much, yet the warranties probably don't extend that far on either, I just don't get it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:37:20 pm by wondertubs »

castletonia

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 01:30:05 pm »
If you want value and not roto-molded, then Nordic and Viking are good options.  Maybe the South Seas brand from Artesian.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 01:46:15 pm »
What is it that you are looking for?  You never actually say that either. By the sound of it you are looking for the cheapest possible spa you can buy. Why not look at some us3d stuff

wondertubs

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 02:22:26 pm »
Oh okay, if you'd rather unread what I wrote, then who's on first?

wondertubs

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 02:26:05 pm »
If you want value and not roto-molded, then Nordic and Viking are good options.  Maybe the South Seas brand from Artesian.
'k

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 02:28:04 pm »
You said smallish under 32”. How many people are using it?  Is it for more therapy?  What is the price range you are trying to stay in. The only thing I got from your post is small and cheap. Maybe I misread what you are looking for

wondertubs

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 02:55:44 pm »
The premise was that the value-price range was defined as starting at $4000, and I didn't define that, so don't call me cheap, and so on, and so forth (but never mind, it's obviously too complicated to discuss). Thanks anyway.

castletonia

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2017, 04:15:06 pm »
Value priced is $4k -$7k in my opinion excluding roto-molded spas.  Your options at the bottom of the price segment will always be limited.  Move up to the $5k-$6k range and the options will triple.

I don’t see anyone calling you cheap but your comments come across as defensive and sarcastic to me.  Go visit some dealers and see what’s available.  No point in getting worked up about anything.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2017, 04:59:19 pm »
so it seems preposterous when an expectation of double that for dealer costs on a similar tub (not necessarily more than twice as good)

Here's where your flawed. If an online tub deteriorates and is no longer cost effective to repair at 8 years and a dealer tub that cost twice as much or more lasts for 16 years, and if you used less electricity and had fewer problems. Are online purchased tubs  such a good deal?
Retired

wondertubs

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2017, 05:52:24 pm »
Value priced is $4k -$7k in my opinion excluding roto-molded spas.
Thanks, that sounds interesting... lol.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2017, 07:42:34 pm »
 I am going to be the ass here and say you are a BTM feeder.   You are trying to compare a high quality spas with a cheap price internet spa.   Your here trying to argue that dealers are getting rich off selling nice spas at a high profit margin.  Sorry, but that is just not the case with really good dealers out there that sell high end brand spa's.

Maybe you should look at the spa's in a box on Ebay.   Really high quality with a btm feeder budget..

Sorry to be rude, but not really.  Good luck to you! 

wondertubs

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2017, 08:38:55 pm »
I am going to be the ass here...
Okay ass, if you don't want to answer the question, then pull my finger!

castletonia

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2017, 08:44:14 pm »
What is your specific question then? 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2017, 08:44:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42