What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealer support after the sale  (Read 3370 times)

Cora5

Dealer support after the sale
« on: November 05, 2017, 04:48:29 pm »
Hi, This question is for the dealers on the forum. I know that every dealer is different in terms of the support that they provide after the sale of a spa. I just want to find out if you all provide support to your customers in terms of educating your customers on water maintenance after the sale of a hot tub. For example, weekly & monthly maintenance steps and what to do if you run into problems. Just curious...

Hot Tub Forum

Dealer support after the sale
« on: November 05, 2017, 04:48:29 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Dealer support after the sale
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 07:19:57 pm »
I can't speak for other dealerships but here is how my store does things.
1) Customer purchases tub
2) Delivery crew deliveries, installed lift and puts step together and grabs a water sample
3) Electrician comes and wires tub, customer fills and powers it up
4) Either myself or the one of my sales people go back out to go over chemical use and how to operate Tub
5) We ask the customer to bring In water every couple months and on new fills that make sure everything is in line

bayviewbums

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 11:07:44 am »
We have very poor dealer support the minute spa was delivered. Argh

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 11:12:45 am »
We have very poor dealer support the minute spa was delivered. Argh

What brand?
Retired

bayviewbums

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 11:15:53 am »
Sundance. Very new spa owner/users. Our dealer told us all we have to add is Replenish after every use. I have challenged him several times and he still claims this. Says it is a shock and sanitize combo. After all my reading here this just does not seem correct. We have a Sundance Chelsee. Even on the Sundance web site it states we should be adding two chemicals after use. I have printed off the 3 part Water Maintenance a poster put together and water maintenance seems way more involved than adding one product. I will be calling the manufacture Monday.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 11:23:17 am »
Sundance. Very new spa owner/users. Our dealer told us all we have to add is Replenish after every use. I have challenged him several times and he still claims this. Says it is a shock and sanitize combo. After all my reading here this just does not seem correct. We have a Sundance Chelsee. Even on the Sundance web site it states we should be adding two chemicals after use. I have printed off the 3 part Water Maintenance a poster put together and water maintenance seems way more involved than adding one product. I will be calling the manufacture Monday.

But the tub has been fine? Yes water maintenance is difficult for a lot of dealers. Most have their own ideas of what you should use. And it usually matches what they have the highest margins on. Do some reading here, give us your waters PH, ALK readings. We can help.
Retired

bayviewbums

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 11:49:52 am »
Thanks! Yes, our tub has been fine. We love it. We are picking up the test strips. He did not tell us about water testing at all. Gave us 2 bottles of chemicals, one to pour entire contents after the fill. 2nd bottle was the Replenish, said to add cap full after each use. After reading even that amount is not enough. We are quickly learning. This forum is very helpful. I will record the test readings after we are done. Again, thanks

Cora5

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 02:35:16 pm »
I was suspicious about this since I have seen several people post a lot of questions about water maintenance on this forum after purchasing a new spa. I would like to believe that there are dealers out there that provide support to their customers in this regard. I guess in some cases after the sale it is up to the consumer to educate themselves on what is right for their particular situation.

I am glad that this forum exists, I have learned a lot over the last several months here. When I do purchase a spa I will have a better grasp on how to properly maintain the water maintenance on the hot tub. Some folks problems have been so severe that I almost decided not to ever purchase a spa.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 03:11:35 pm »
Thanks! Yes, our tub has been fine. We love it. We are picking up the test strips. He did not tell us about water testing at all. Gave us 2 bottles of chemicals, one to pour entire contents after the fill. 2nd bottle was the Replenish, said to add cap full after each use. After reading even that amount is not enough. We are quickly learning. This forum is very helpful. I will record the test readings after we are done. Again, thanks

What the other chemical? 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 03:34:44 pm »
 We do same as what hottubguy does.   We even have a 364 day guarantee, if you are not happy with your spa or service for what ever reason, we will make it right or refund your money and take the spa away no questions asked.   

Happened once, guy in the Navy bought a spa and was transferred un-expectantly. 

Conine2965

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 04:13:54 pm »
My first hot tub dealer told me to just use shock which was an epic fail. I use mineral stick and grandular chlorine rarely have a problem and is very simple.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 04:13:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42