What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cheese/booger like substance forming around waterline  (Read 2884 times)

aarron

cheese/booger like substance forming around waterline
« on: October 28, 2017, 03:54:39 pm »
So I just got my hot tub a week ago.  it was used.  A 2015 that looks to be in good condition.  I have been testing the water daily.  Mid week I shocked it because the water got a bit cloudy.  Also used enzyme and raised PH a bit.  A BUNCH of yellowish scum was in the foam, and settled as this gummy stuff on the water line.  After a couple hrs of running jets and cleaning, it finally got better.  Shocked 2 days later and a little more came up and it was whitish color.  What should I do?  My water is now crystal clear and tests are showing good water.  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

cheese/booger like substance forming around waterline
« on: October 28, 2017, 03:54:39 pm »

Conine2965

Re: cheese/booger like substance forming around waterline
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 05:47:50 pm »
Probably just build up should be good now. But if you have concerns you can buy a spa purge product. Then refill

aarron

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 11:42:16 pm »
thanks for the response

bradleyabell

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 08:37:42 am »
Probably just build up should be good now. But if you have concerns you can buy a spa purge product. Then refill

Agreed. The chemicals in your spa try to form larger particles so that your filter can suck them up. Sounds like it’s working!

bud16415

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 11:19:12 am »
I would be tempted with any used tub to run a purge product thru it with the first filling unless I knew who had it and knew they kept up with everything perfect.

With a used tub you might not know how long it was stored untreated etc before you put it into service again. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 11:19:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42