What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Martinique  (Read 4030 times)

wetman

Caldera Martinique
« on: October 03, 2017, 08:35:49 pm »
Considering purchasing The Martinique tub. Dealer doesn't have one available to wet test, but can have one ready to dry test.That being said anyone own one? Did you wet test/ Would you order one without wet test?

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Martinique
« on: October 03, 2017, 08:35:49 pm »

d00nut

Re: Caldera Martinique
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 08:51:40 pm »
Just my two cents.  If I was a consumer, and not in the industry.  The two spas that would gather most of my attention at this point would be the Martinique and the Bullfrog R7.  To me, both of those spas scream value, but premium.  I love the Martinique because it's kind of a small spa, with a decent footprint for 3 adults comfortably.  Maybe 4...  The power is significant due to the two jet pumps in a small space.  If the dealer is good, I don't think you can go wrong.  I'm always surprised by how many people do not wet test.  We have one available to wet test always, just because it is a fantastic performer.

Bettymae

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 10:58:25 pm »
I wet tested that model. It was very comfortable, but shallow. With lounger, you can lock yourself in with your feet.  I first tried by myself and it was fine, but after husband came in, I thought foot well was small. My husband and I tested. Kept hitting each other's feet.. I need one for back and neck, and for me, unless I stayed in lounger, it didn't help back or neck.. I could get it for 7,000 . I ordered a Niagara, which is better for therapy..it depends on what you want it for. I've had a hot tub before, and I hate small foot wells

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 12:50:41 pm »
I wet tested that model. It was very comfortable, but shallow. With lounger, you can lock yourself in with your feet.  I first tried by myself and it was fine, but after husband came in, I thought foot well was small. My husband and I tested. Kept hitting each other's feet.. I need one for back and neck, and for me, unless I stayed in lounger, it didn't help back or neck.. I could get it for 7,000 . I ordered a Niagara, which is better for therapy..it depends on what you want it for. I've had a hot tub before, and I hate small foot wells

I think it's s great family tub. Perfect for 2 adults and 2 kids. Your local Caldera dealer sounds like he doesn't really like to make any money lol!  Depending on options like step and cover lifter that tub should be priced between 8000-9000. ThTs one of my best sellers and we are usually closer to the 9k range with eco tech step and pro lift 2

Bettymae

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 08:22:24 pm »
Where are you in Wisconsin ? Great dealer in Appleton, really knows his stuff. You can wet test that model in Waukesha. They have water in it.  It's nice and a popular seller, but again small on foot well.

Bettymae

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 08:24:12 pm »
Where are you in Wisconsin ? Great dealer in Appleton, really knows his stuff. You can wet test that model in Waukesha. They have water in it.  It's nice and a popular seller, but again small on foot well.

castletonia

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 09:18:15 pm »

You're talking about me,  ;D.

wetman

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 08:40:10 am »

Was at dealer in Waukesha. tub not on display. Unless it was a different dealer

castletonia

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 09:06:07 am »
Your closest dealers to the Milwaukee area Swimming Pool Services in Waukesha, Arvidson Pools and Spas in Crystal Lake Illinois, and Sonco Pools and Spas in Loves Park Illinois.  If you were farther north, then I could be your closest dealer but being I am in Appleton, If I put the zip code for even Lomira, the dealer in Waukesha comes up.  Regardless, I don't currently have a Martinique on my floor right now either. 

If you don't mind driving, I would contact those two dealers in Illinois to see if they have one.  Unless you are going to purchase from them though, I would not ask them to fill one.  Do keep in mind that if you do purchase from one dealer, another dealer does not have to perform the service under warranty if they do not want to, which is why I would not sell to you unless you were closer to me and in my service area.

Bettymae

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 09:46:15 am »
I was at swimming pool services a week ago. That's where I tested it. They have great service there. Talk to mike. He's the manager. They do all my swimming pool service and repair.. What tub did they have water in?

wetman

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 09:53:01 am »
was there last Sat. Mike pulled  a Martinique from stock for us to see as none were on floor

Bettymae

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 10:12:30 am »
Ok, I'm bad.. The one that has water in it is Makena. They are pretty much the same. This one is 7'7 by 7'5. Martinique is 7'5x6'4. I like jets on makena

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 10:12:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42