What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water in air valves advice  (Read 2128 times)

Matt1987

Water in air valves advice
« on: September 16, 2017, 04:40:05 am »
Hi,

First post here.

I'm currently replacing the wet end of the hot tub pump because it was leaking. As such, the hot tub is empty.

I've noticed that one of the air valves (that increases the jet pressure when turned up) appears to have water in the pipe beneath it when I unscrew it and the other doesn't. Some of the water also dripped out from underneath the valve when I moved it which I could see because the side panel was off. Is this something I need to worry about or is it likely to sort itself out when I fill it back up and get everything going again.

Thanks for you help.
Matt

Hot Tub Forum

Water in air valves advice
« on: September 16, 2017, 04:40:05 am »

Conine2965

Re: Water in air valves advice
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 08:42:17 am »
That used to happen to my Caldera. I would use my shop vac to vacuum or blow air out

Matt1987

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 09:06:42 am »
I could give that a go. It wasn't a sign of any other issue that needed fixing then?

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 11:15:55 am »
When you break down an air valve, you'll find that most just screw into the plumbing.  Through normal usage, that valve may slightly unthread and surface water may find its way in there.  More often than not I've found that to be the case.

Matt1987

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 04:08:01 pm »
Ok thanks. Sounds like it's hopefully not a major problem then. I'll fill it, start it all back up and see what happens.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 04:08:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42