What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just got my 8 Nature2's without box  (Read 8331 times)

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Just got my 8 Nature2's without box
« on: July 21, 2004, 12:29:21 pm »
As i said I won my bid on Ebay for 8 Nature2"s for a total of $120,and it comes out to be $15 each.Well i got them today in a smal box and they came each Bagged.I called the major spa and pool place that advistise on the net and told him why are they not boxed.The person told be that they buy in bulk from the Nature2 and theres no box.If he was a small dealer i would think twice but since he's one of the biggest dealer on the net i would tend to beleave him.He also told me that I would olny have to USE SHOCK FREE and nothing else with Nature2.I guess if he really wanted to he could have sold me something that I don't need so I am going with what he says.JohnnyT :)

Hot Tub Forum

Just got my 8 Nature2's without box
« on: July 21, 2004, 12:29:21 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Just got my 8 Nature2's without box
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 12:55:08 pm »
1) They're boxed when they're to be displayed but for bulk shipments otherwise they’ll come in a Ziploc® type bag so relax on that one.

2) Nature 2's website says you can go chlorine free. Some dealers will say that too as it sure sounds great and helps sell this option (or they're just buying into the concept). Then the customer tries it and finds out that it just doesn't cut it. You absolutely need to add some chlorine. You can stick to the N2 directions as far as shocking weekly with MPS and adding 1 TBS of MPS per use but on top of that you need to add some chlorine to be successful. I always suggest going out once per week and adding a heaping TBS of chlorine or twice per week adding a good half TBS. Typically you do this after use and it dissipates quickly so its largely gone the next day. Chlorine is too good of a sanitizer to skip it completely and if you do you'll find out it was a bad idea.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 01:11:39 pm »
1.My dealer says just use the Nature2 and ShockFree that has no chlorine in it.
2.Nature2 told me just use Shock2 with no Chlorine in it and the Nature 2 will keep my spa clean of everything
3. The people that makes Sparkle told me to use their Spa Concentrated Granules with Chlorine in it.if i am NOT useing Nature2.
and If i WILL be useing Nature2 Sparkle told me not to use their product because it has Chlorine in it
4.the people that sold me the Ziplock bags of Nature2 says only use Shockfree with no Chlorine.
Ok these are 4 different companys that say No Chlorine to be used in Nature2.
And i am wondering what does everyone thats useing Nature2 uses.
And this board is saying something different,Not saying that the people are wrong but wondering that the others could have sold me something that i don't need....Thanks johnnyT :-*

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 01:59:52 pm »
JT,
Try to maintain your tub without chlorine and let the water tell you if it's working or not.  BTW, with proper amounts of chlorine and well balanced water, your water will be blue-clear.  If you can accomplish this without chlorine, you will be good to go.  My take on chlorine?  To paraphrase the old American Express commercial, "Don't jump in without it."
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

pkingroch

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 02:26:38 pm »
I'm using Nature's 2 and Dichlor in my tub (~500 gal).  One teaspoon after we get out of the tub and 2 tbls once per week.  I could probably cut this in half and be fine.  No problems with the kids complaining and the water is clear.  Also have an ozonator on 24x7.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 02:27:39 pm »
Thanks for the advise,i am about to jump into my spa in 2 mins.I am only saying what the people from nature2 says it and Sparkle INC that makes Chems for pools and spas says it.and the people that sold me the nature2....Maybe they are all wrong.Before I called Nature2 up i was using less then a teespoon of the Spa Concentrated Granules ,it has Chlorine in it when i would exit the spa .And Nature2 told me you will not hurt the spa by useing it but he would stop thats why nature2 does the same thing as Chlorine.......JohnnyT

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 02:30:33 pm »
also have a cd ozoneator and 24/7 pump....

Snuggles

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2004, 03:03:21 pm »
I found this on Zodiac's N2 FAQ site:

Q: Do I still need to use chlorine? Why?  
A: Yes, you need to use a small amount of residual oxidizer. With the Nature2 system* you can reduce the clorine level to just 0.5ppm. We recommend low levels of free chlorine (0.5 PPM free chlorine minimum). You won't feel, smell or be affected by chlorine at this level.
*The Nature2 system consists of the patented Nature2 technology used in conjunction with a chlorine delivery device or 0.5ppm of an EPA registered pool product.

It also states the only way to activate the N2 on first fill is to shock the water first with Dichlor.

MY 2 cents worth:
What I've learned is that MPS is only an oxidizer not a sanitizer it would be taking a big chance not using Dichlor. Besides you use much less dichlor compared to MPS. Another thing to consider is the PH dropping after using MPS. My tub is 24/7 ozone also but I wouldn't want to risk anyone's health relying on that being the only sanitizer.  Happy tubbing all!!  

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2004, 03:05:06 pm »
I will guarantee you, johnnythunders...if you don't use chlorine, you will have water problems, unless you hardly ever use your spa.  Even if your water is clear, it will have lots of bacteria, etc living in it.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2004, 03:31:07 pm »
Hummm tried to call naturee2 and find out,but keep getting a recording that they will call me back.I guess I can add a tiny bit of Spa Concentrated Granules that has Chlorine in  it everytime i leave the spa...Guess it will not hurt my spa.JohnnyT ???

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2004, 04:52:58 pm »
JT,
Try to maintain your tub without chlorine and let the water tell you if it's working or not.  

Bad idea.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2004, 05:34:54 pm »
Yeah, but why beat your head against the wall. Let him give it a go with out chlorine. He'll be back in a week complaining about cloudy smelly water. Some people cannot listen to professional advice and insist on going ahead their way, knock yerself out.

Bad idea.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2004, 07:13:56 pm »
My point exactly, Wisoki.  Spatech, don't you agree that the look and smell of the water would be enough indication?  Would unsanitized water look blue-clear and smell fresh?  I'll not be convinced by anyone to throw down my dichlor--DICHLOR OR DIE!
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2004, 07:22:10 pm »
JT - I can't sell you chlorine or N2 - I don't stand to make a dime off of you. Why would I want to tell you to use chlorine unless it is an absolute must?

A lot of salespeople hear the N2 picth and go overboard. Read the post above with the quote right from the N2 site - don't expose your family to the risk.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2004, 09:34:42 pm »
Thanks for all of your help,Called my friend and he told me that i can still use my Nature2 but he told me to change too Bromine once a week they are tablets.He's been useing bromine for 18 years with no problems......He only uses Bromine and thats all........hows that let me know?Thanks for all your help.JohnnyT

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2004, 09:34:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42