What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Spa (2017) filter cycle clarified  (Read 8966 times)

richardk70

Artesian Spa (2017) filter cycle clarified
« on: September 12, 2017, 05:43:55 pm »
Hello Fellow Spa Owners.
So I just got my Artesian Isla Vista Elite spa. I noticed in the manual it how to set a filter cycle for pump 1 and pump 2. But nowhere does it say that one is supposed to set these filter cycles, or for how long, or how often?
I contacted Artesian tech support and he wrote back that he 'suggests' that I set the filter cycles to run 12 hours each, back to back. So that would be all day long, every day.
I paid over $11,000 for this spa. I don't want suggestions. I want solid recommendations. Are filter cycles running automatically already? Do I need to manually set them to run? If so, for how long and how often?
Sorry to sound annoyed, but this installation has been plagued with poor information, leaks, wrong parts, plugs not being put in by the installers, electrical panel problems, and one delay after another... So thanks for any and all advice!

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian Spa (2017) filter cycle clarified
« on: September 12, 2017, 05:43:55 pm »

Conine2965

Re: Artesian Spa (2017) filter cycle clarified
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:32:25 pm »
I have a Marquis Vecter 21 94L 8ft square tub 450 gallons I run mine 2 hours per 12 hours and add a teaspoon of dichlor after use with frog mineral cartridge. This seems to keep my water perfect. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 08:38:30 am »
There are variables to take into account (climate, usage, chemical system used, sq. footage of filters, etc) but a generally accepted range is going to be 2-4hrs per cycle, twice a day for a total of 4-8hrs of filtration over a 24hr period. Artesian as with all manufacturers should have a 'factory default' so you'll want to get into the controller and see what it is and basically start somewhere and move up if necessary (2hr + 2hr is always a good starting point imo)

bwspa

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 09:01:15 am »
How does this filtration cycle setting come into play when you have a circulation pump?  I have a Grand Bahama Elite coming tomorrow that had the same settings options according to the manual but my tub will have a circ pump.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 02:12:54 pm »
How does this filtration cycle setting come into play when you have a circulation pump?  I have a Grand Bahama Elite coming tomorrow that had the same settings options according to the manual but my tub will have a circ pump.

I'm not familiar with Artesians newest products, but it will depend on the size of the circ. pump, I couldn't find a picture of it or more details on their website but based on the description of it "WhisperPure™ Circulation System with Microfilter" it sounds as if it is a small silent 24 hr circ pump similar to what Hot Spring/Sundance/etc. use in which case it will run 24 hrs per day

Conine2965

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 02:00:25 am »
If you have a circulation pump there is no filter cycle. The circ pump will handle the filtering.

bradleyabell

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 07:31:52 am »
If you have a circulation pump there is no filter cycle. The circ pump will handle the filtering.

This isn't always true...I just purchased the Bullfrog X8L and it has a circ. pump on it, but it still runs the jets and cycles (factory default) 2 hours, 2 times a day.

Conine2965

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 07:58:21 am »
Did not know that seems like a waste of electricity to do all that filtering.

Sam

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 03:47:12 pm »
With an Artesian Island Spa I recommend setting it for 24/7 as tech support mentioned.  That should just be the default.  Set it for constant and forget about it.

bwspa

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 10:30:28 am »
When I tried to set the two cycles it turned off the 24/7 circ pump, so it appears it’s not intended to have both programmed.  I’m leaving the circ pump running.

bwspa

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 11:27:47 pm »
Ok, so after enabling the filter cycles, which disabled the circ pump, i thought everything was back to normal and the circ pump was on and others were off.  It seems that the circ pump is no longer on and I have a 15 min run time for filter cycle 1 that will not turn off.  I can set the run time down to zero, click save, go back to the settings view and see the 15min time is still set.  Any ideas?  I can’t even find a full tub default settings option in the menu.  Should I kill power to try and reset?

Sam

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 01:02:43 pm »
It almost sounds like a dip switch is in the wrong setting.  I didn't think that they jet pumps would run for the filter cycle when you have a circ pump.

bwspa

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 02:07:57 pm »
Yeah it's strange.  I would think if it's one or the other you shouldn't be able to access the other modes, let alone disable the circ pump entirely with no recourse.  It was working normally for several days until I messed with the options.  I'll try killing the power when I get home, if that doesn't sound it then I'll have to call for help I suppose.

bwspa

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 12:26:13 pm »
Figured it out.  I thought resetting to zero would enable the circ pump. Turns out filter option one has to have a value and if I go past zero it goes to 24 hours and will turn the circ pump on but it also starts a Purge cycle, which I originally mistook for turning the main pumps on for 24 hours (which I didn't want).  I waited and the Purge cycle completed and just the circ pump remained on, like it was.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 12:26:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42