What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First tub on the way, how soon can it be used?  (Read 5203 times)

bwspa

First tub on the way, how soon can it be used?
« on: September 10, 2017, 06:18:07 pm »
My Artesian Grand Bahama Elite will be delivered this Thursday.  It's my first tub.  what's the soonest you can usually expect to be able to use the tub once it's filled and power applied?  I have no idea how fast it'll heat up.  Also, do you need to go through dialing in all the water readings before use?  I guess I just don't know what to expect - will I be soaking that night or waiting until the next day or so?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:29:52 pm by bwspa »

Hot Tub Forum

First tub on the way, how soon can it be used?
« on: September 10, 2017, 06:18:07 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: First tub on the way, how soon can it be used?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 08:32:43 pm »
My Artesian Grand Bahama Elite will be delivered this Thursday.  It's my first tub.  what's the soonest you can usually expect to be able to use the tub once it's filled and power applied?  I have no idea how fast it'll heat up.  Also, do you need to go through dialing in all the water readings before use?  I guess I just don't know what to expect - will I be soaking that night or waiting until the next day or so?

Use it once it's hot. Start adjusting your PH and ALK after it's full. Sanitize right away. Expect 5-6 deg per hour. I don't know your waters starting temp.
Retired

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 09:43:31 pm »
Mine takes about 12 hours. If you have a 40-60 gallon Hot water tank and you don't mind draining it you can cut the time in half. I have both hot and cold piped out to my hot tub deck. My water today is getting close to time to change it but i wanted to stretch it another month and a half so i would be changing it right before the bad winter weather and make it to spring. so this morning i took the water down about 9 inches and refilled it from the hot water line. We were in the tub an hour later at 101. it is also nice to have hot water for cleaning filter.

meriflower

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 10:06:13 pm »
If you fill from your hot water tank and if you have a water softener most likely the water in your water heater is soft water.  So along with PH, total alkalinity, sanitizer you'll want to check that the calcium hardness is also at the proper level.  I go in once the water is heated and balanced.

Conine2965

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 02:07:18 am »
Test hot tub as soon as filled and make your adjustments in ph and alk  right away water will be balanced way before it is hot. Mine heats at 5 degrees per hour.

bwspa

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 07:56:20 am »
I don't have hot water piped outside.  If your fill from the drain on the water heater, should you use a filter on the end of the hose, like what they recommend for well water or something different? Generally, you can get sediment from the bottom of the tank coming out.

bradleyabell

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 10:58:13 am »
I'm curious as to when I should start sanitizing...Do I sanitize as soon as water is filled or do I wait until water is heated up?

bud16415

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 02:30:30 pm »
I don't have hot water piped outside.  If your fill from the drain on the water heater, should you use a filter on the end of the hose, like what they recommend for well water or something different? Generally, you can get sediment from the bottom of the tank coming out.

I wouldn’t use the water tank drain. Those IMHO are better left alone unless the tank is brand new and you use it a few times a year to flush out the tank. A better place would be your washing machine connection.  If I didn’t have hot outside I doubt I would use it and in my case no water softener, That was a good point. 

If it’s a warm day and you can’t wait get in it when it hits 80. Here is a tip. I leave my cover open until the tub reaches the outside temp.

bud16415

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 02:35:13 pm »
I'm curious as to when I should start sanitizing...Do I sanitize as soon as water is filled or do I wait until water is heated up?

It won’t matter when. I have city water and last time I filled it was 2PPM out of the tap.   

bradleyabell

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 02:56:55 pm »

It won’t matter when. I have city water and last time I filled it was 2PPM out of the tap.

How is that possible, without adding chlorine or bromine?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 05:06:09 pm »

most of us consume chlorine daily in very tiny amounts, it's in our city water sources, sprayed on our produce, etc.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 06:37:01 pm »

most of us consume chlorine daily in very tiny amounts, it's in our city water sources, sprayed on our produce, etc.

Unless your on an owned well you have chlorine in your water.
Retired

bud16415

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 06:51:02 am »

^^^^What they said.^^^^

bradleyabell

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 07:10:50 am »
Does that change anything if you plan on using bromine instead of chlorine?

kimba

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 08:13:11 am »
I used mine about 5 hours after being filled , but there was water at bottom  when they took it off of truck, and I asked what it was before I started filling and they said it was water from being squirted off.  They said the chemicals will clean it.  Please clean wipe down before filling , I found plastic in tub and filter , and water from another source than what I got tested at store messed up the chemical sheet they gave me when I got my water tested before I got the tub.  I used mine that evening.  they came at 7am and did the electrical too and were gone by 10 am at which the tub was quarter of the way filled when they left , started filling at 8 am.. Good luck , I love my hot tub use it everyday..

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 08:13:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42