What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie with high ph/alkilinity  (Read 2603 times)

Kohkie

Newbie with high ph/alkilinity
« on: August 30, 2017, 08:57:23 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have a brand new Cal Spas Escape 735. I've had it for one week. I am using the Nature 2 Sanitizer with generic MPS and minimal chlorine. The problem I'm having is that my ph and alkalinity are high. The spa came with Amerse pH & Alkalinity Down, which is what I have been using. It seems like no matter how much I put in by the next day the ph & alkalinity are up again. All other levels, MPS, chlorine, & water hardness are fine. Do you have any suggestion on what I can do to get the ph & alkalinity down?

Thank you in advance for your assitance
Tami

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie with high ph/alkilinity
« on: August 30, 2017, 08:57:23 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Newbie with high ph/alkilinity
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 02:08:23 pm »
If you're running a higher level of sanitizer, the pH can feign being on the higher side.  If your source water is high in pH/Alk, it may take several pounds of reducer to get it in the range that is preferred.  When in doubt- take it to your dealer and get a second set of eyes on a water sample to eliminate possible flaws in the testing process.  I hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 05:45:30 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have a brand new Cal Spas Escape 735. I've had it for one week. I am using the Nature 2 Sanitizer with generic MPS and minimal chlorine. The problem I'm having is that my ph and alkalinity are high. The spa came with Amerse pH & Alkalinity Down, which is what I have been using. It seems like no matter how much I put in by the next day the ph & alkalinity are up again. All other levels, MPS, chlorine, & water hardness are fine. Do you have any suggestion on what I can do to get the ph & alkalinity down?

Thank you in advance for your assitance
Tami

my suggestion...add more  8) joking aside like mentioned above depending on your water that you filled the spa with the directions on the back of the bottle can be completely useless (Add 1/2 tbsp. at a time, etc) in some cases depending on the water you may need 6, 8, 12, 20+ ounces of pH/Alk. reducer to get it within balance, as suggested I would first start by getting your water accurately tested (not a test strip) so you have some "baseline" numbers to work off of.

Kohkie

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 02:52:30 pm »
BullFrogSpas - followed your advice, got the water tested and added more. It finally worked. The local pool supply store told me that PH/Alk has a flash point or something like that. He advised to add an ounce at a time until it came down. Before I was adding a teaspoon at a time so it could have taken forever. All my chemicals are now in balance. Thanks to everyone who replied. I appreciate your help.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 02:52:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42