What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Negotiating price for Hydropool Serenity 4000  (Read 3440 times)

cmh

Negotiating price for Hydropool Serenity 4000
« on: August 27, 2017, 04:48:41 pm »
We are interested in the Hydropool Serenity 4000, which is one of the only tubs to meet our limited space requirements that can also seat 4 people who are friendly :) We have dry tested, and hope to twist the dealer's arm into filling the tub so we can wet test it.

I am hoping for a little advice on price and negotiation. So far the dealer has opened with their standard pricing (Canadian dollars):

$6599Tub
$400Upgraded cabinet
$400Dealer package including: GFCI, two tier universal step, cover and lifter, delivery, installation and training
$599Star Lights LED lighting kit (or we could get a $799 package including these lights with a waterfall (reg $449) but we don't see value in the waterfall)
?We are waiting to get a quote on the option of including an ozonator

I would really appreciate any insight into whether this is a fair price for the Serenity 4000.

Furthermore, I assume they are expecting us to bargain on the price. Any advice on getting into the negotiation? There are a couple of other dealers in town, but I expect they will open at the list price too. What negotiating strategies are best?

Hot Tub Forum

Negotiating price for Hydropool Serenity 4000
« on: August 27, 2017, 04:48:41 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Negotiating price for Hydropool Serenity 4000
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 05:02:29 pm »
We are interested in the Hydropool Serenity 4000, which is one of the only tubs to meet our limited space requirements that can also seat 4 people who are friendly :) We have dry tested, and hope to twist the dealer's arm into filling the tub so we can wet test it.

I am hoping for a little advice on price and negotiation. So far the dealer has opened with their standard pricing (Canadian dollars):

$6599Tub
$400Upgraded cabinet
$400Dealer package including: GFCI, two tier universal step, cover and lifter, delivery, installation and training
$599Star Lights LED lighting kit (or we could get a $799 package including these lights with a waterfall (reg $449) but we don't see value in the waterfall)
?We are waiting to get a quote on the option of including an ozonator

I would really appreciate any insight into whether this is a fair price for the Serenity 4000.

Furthermore, I assume they are expecting us to bargain on the price. Any advice on getting into the negotiation? There are a couple of other dealers in town, but I expect they will open at the list price too. What negotiating strategies are best?

The absolute rock solid best fool proof method is to find the spa you want, walk into the dealer and tell them "I'm prepared to purchase today, I've been looking at a few competitors, I'm buying a spa today, so I'd ask for your best price today and I'll write you a check if we can come together on a deal that Is fair".....basically the old saying really does apply "money talks, bull**** walks"

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Negotiating price for Hydropool Serenity 4000
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 05:02:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42