What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Strange water issue.  (Read 1544 times)

Aero_Dave

Strange water issue.
« on: August 24, 2017, 09:24:48 am »
I’m having a strange water issue. I used Oh-Yuk in my HT for the 1st time. Ran the jets for 30 minutes then drained it.
I didn’t really have as much of a Goop ring around the HT I was expecting. But maybe that’s a good thing? Anyhow,
I cleaned the inside really well with Leisure Time Citrabright All-Purpose cleaner, the good orange smelling stuff. Then
I sprayed the tub down good while the drain plug was still opened. Then I refilled the tub using my Clean Screen filter,
as I have well water. I also used 16oz of Leisure Time Metal Gon, just like last time I filled my tub. However this time,
I decide to try and add Leisure Time Renew to shock the water. Almost instantly after adding the renew, I started to see
Brown stuff floating in the water. I’m going to assume its maybe high iron or copper? But I already used the Metal Gon
and filled my tub with my Clean Screen. Now to me, the water is clear but has a greenish tint to it and if I run a 10 minute
clean cycle, I get a brownish ring around the tub. I just filled the tub on Sunday. I checked the PH last night and it was low,
so was the Alkalinity so I added some Spa Up. I’ll double-check the water again later today to see where I’m at now.
But is the brownish ring maybe too much iron or copper? If so, can I just add some more Metal Gon to try and clear this up,
or do I need to drain the tub again? This didn't happen last time I filled my tub.

BTW, I have a 201 Gallon, 2015 Hotsprings NXT Jetsetter.

Thanks,
Dave…
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 10:16:32 am by Aero_Dave »

Hot Tub Forum

Strange water issue.
« on: August 24, 2017, 09:24:48 am »

someguy

Re: Strange water issue.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 10:09:18 am »
Hi Aero Dave:  What you are describing seems to be residual gunk and perhaps biofilm that was released from your interior plumbing after the Oh Yuk.  This situation is extremely common since some of the bio-gunk slips back into the plumbing as the tub is draining.  If water is not an issue we recommend that you refill the tub after the flush and run the jets for a minute or so and drain it the second time.  However, if you want to conserve on water, as we all do, I recommend you simply wipe the brown detritus material off the shell with a microfiber cloth.  It may take a day or so but you'll get it all.  Be sure to hose down the filter(s) completely after the pipe flush as well.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Strange water issue.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 10:09:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42