What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Over-Thinking now: Sundance Chelsee or Bullfrog R7  (Read 17738 times)

bradleyabell

Re: Over-Thinking now: Sundance Chelsee or Bullfrog R7
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2017, 11:00:27 pm »

I haven't received my X8L yet, so I don't know the answer to this, but is there a setting in the menu that allows you to change the circ. pump?

Did you happen to get the backlit LED jets?  I think they look great on the floor, but not sure exactly how bright that will be at night in the Platinum tub.

We decided to save the $500 and get the one without the backlit jets. there are a few minor jets that you miss out on as well, such as the wrist Jets in the captains chair and the butt jets in that same chair as well.  Figured what is the point of having those lights if your back is pushed up against them while you’re in the tub   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2017, 11:00:27 pm »

bradleyabell

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2017, 11:04:00 pm »
At first we were running all BF circ pumps 24/7.  We did start noticing a lot of issues, primarily in the summer.  (We are in AZ.)  Summer is pretty darn hot here.

Pumps can certainly overheat in those temps.  The other thing we noticed is that the filters would clog much faster.  We now have them run between 8-12 hours a day, and have all the issues go away, and still have super clean water.

FYI, the owners manuals suck for BF.  They literally tell you nothing about the "optional" circ pump and how it runs. 

Essentially, if you have the circ pump, it will filter on the filter cycles (you should have two of them.)  If the spa calls for heat, it will click on as well as long as it is in ready mode.

The circ pump should never be on your mind in regards to turning it on and off.  You should set it once at the very beginning, and just let it do it's job from that point on.

Since the manual says nothing about the circulation pump, how will I know how to adjust it and set it up?   For example if I wanted to run it 12 hours a day.

d00nut

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2017, 10:34:54 am »
I believe all you do is just set the filter cycles as normal.  Hot tubs with the circ pump don't change the programming language of the controller.

I had to call tech support because I was thoroughly confused the first time I messed with the circ pump cycles. 

mjdieth

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2017, 12:09:17 pm »
So I know I already purchased this but it has not shown up yet and I have a question.  On the X7, are the pumps 2 speed or 1 speed?  I see specs on different sites stating either way, so now I'm not sure what I'm actually getting.  Maybe pump 1 is two speed and pump 2 isn't?

d00nut

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2017, 07:12:50 pm »
They are both 1 speed if you get the circulation pump.  There is one 2-speed pump, and one 1-speed pump if you don't get the circ.

It's stupid, because they don't really tell you that.

bradleyabell

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2017, 12:30:22 am »
They are both 1 speed if you get the circulation pump.  There is one 2-speed pump, and one 1-speed pump if you don't get the circ.

What is the point having of the circ pump if the jets still cycle 2 hours, 2 times a day??

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2017, 01:10:14 pm »

What is the point having of the circ pump if the jets still cycle 2 hours, 2 times a day??

Circ pumps are advantageous for utilizing ozone 24/7, being quiet and being energy efficient but you're correct, if you have one coupled with a 2 speed pump you shouldn't be running your larger pump 2 hrs, 2x/day. After a party where it got overly heavy use sure, but otherwise you are correct, what's the point!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2017, 01:10:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42