What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: EZ Pads  (Read 2796 times)

Jay1974

EZ Pads
« on: August 16, 2004, 10:42:04 am »
I am looking into purchasing a spa and I would prefer not to put in a concrete slab. I've read about concrete patio stones and I think they will shift under the tub.

Has anyone used ez pads for their tub? (www.ezpads.com/)

Is this a product you would recommend or is there something else I can use? or should I just forget about it and put in the concrete slab?

Hot Tub Forum

EZ Pads
« on: August 16, 2004, 10:42:04 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: EZ Pads
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 12:15:03 pm »
Their website is www.ezpads.com.  

The product seems pretty solid to me, the one I helped install is on it's third year, and seems to be holding up fine.  It's made by the same company that makes Rhino Liner truck bed liners, which is a good product.
It is specifically made as a spa pad, so hopefully it's up to the challenge.

I have no idea on their longevity, I susped that a concrete base is the best, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do.
Brewman
Brewman

UnderTheStars

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 05:44:47 pm »
Hey Brewman!  3 years is a pretty good testimonial.  How much (or how little) site prep did you do before you laid the pad down?   Level, tamp, gravel. . .none?  I've been curious about that.  Their web site  makes it sound like you just put the pad on the grass and go.   ???

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 07:17:17 pm »
As far as I know, You just level it and violla!
¿

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 08:20:43 am »
We removed the sod, and a couple inches of top soil.
Then we installed a few inches of sand, leveled it off, and tamped it down, then set the pad on top of the sand.
Installing the pad itself was a breeze.  Getting the sand level was the most challenging part of the install.
The pad comes in two parts, with a thick, wide tape to connect the halves.  
I work with the person who owns the pad.  If I run into him I'll ask him how the pad is holding up.
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 08:20:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42