What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Signature vs Artesian Island Elite  (Read 11967 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Marquis Signature vs Artesian Island Elite
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2017, 03:25:30 pm »
I may be a little late to the party but I have a 12 YO Artesian. If they make them like they used to the circ pump is rather large and high flow. I had the standard cover for quite a while even though it probably should have been replaced sooner. I now have the 6 inch cover from RH Tubs - you should get better insulation values from a a thicker cover - it all adds up to money savings (somewhat) ... depends on the price difference of the cover.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2017, 03:25:30 pm »

bwspa

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2017, 07:12:46 pm »
Looks like the upgraded cover is an additional $250.  How long do covers typically last? 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2017, 08:54:28 pm »
Looks like the upgraded cover is an additional $250.  How long do covers typically last?

That's how you look at it, good thinking. A cover will typically last 5-8 years. At 4 bucks a month energy savings, that's about 312 bucks in electricity. Usually it's about a wash.
Retired

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 09:01:44 am »
I wouldn't bother with the upgraded cover. $250 is a lot of money for the amount of savings it may provide. When the cover goes then think about it. I don't think I paid much more for my replacement cover (maybe $350) and it came with double wrapped cores so theoretically it should last twice as long.

Conine2965

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2017, 09:06:46 am »
I wouldn't pay for the upgrade unless you have snow issues.

bwspa

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 11:21:22 am »
Question for the Artesian experts - on the Grand Bahama Elite, if a pillow fall was added, what seat does it go in and from what pump?   Does it feel good while sitting under it and Can it be turned off if you don't want it running on you?  Worth adding?

Also, is a 50A GFCI ok or do I need to go to a 60A?

Sam

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2017, 06:31:09 pm »
Question for the Artesian experts - on the Grand Bahama Elite, if a pillow fall was added, what seat does it go in and from what pump?   Does it feel good while sitting under it and Can it be turned off if you don't want it running on you?  Worth adding?

I'm pretty sure that it goes in the back left seat if you are standing in front of the control panel looking at the spa.  I think it runs from the same pump.  It may feel good, depending upon your height.  Yes it can be controlled independently.  I personally don't think it's worth a couple hundred bucks to add.  The tranquility fall is pretty cool though. 

I think it's a 60 amp but can't recall for sure.  You can always call your dealer to verify this info.  If they don't sufficiently answer your questions you can call Artesian directly.

bwspa

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2017, 07:34:43 pm »

I'm pretty sure that it goes in the back left seat if you are standing in front of the control panel looking at the spa.  I think it runs from the same pump.  It may feel good, depending upon your height.  Yes it can be controlled independently.  I personally don't think it's worth a couple hundred bucks to add.  The tranquility fall is pretty cool though. 

I think it's a 60 amp but can't recall for sure.  You can always call your dealer to verify this info.  If they don't sufficiently answer your questions you can call Artesian directly.

If it's a couple hundred and not much for feel, I can skip it. 

I did find the manual shows a 60A. Thanks

krijkee

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2017, 05:38:01 pm »
Did you end up buying the Grand Bahama elite? How much were you quoted?

bwspa

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2017, 09:19:16 pm »
Yes, I just had I delivered on Thursday.  I ordered it with the Crystal AOP, inline @ease,  Dynapoint LED, lifter, steps, 1yr chemicals, for $10,300 including tax, a $200 delivery fee due to distance from dealer and 60 months 0% financing.  So, it was basically $9400 without the tax and delivery.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2017, 01:29:15 pm »
Yes, I just had I delivered on Thursday.  I ordered it with the Crystal AOP, inline @ease,  Dynapoint LED, lifter, steps, 1yr chemicals, for $10,300 including tax, a $200 delivery fee due to distance from dealer and 60 months 0% financing.  So, it was basically $9400 without the tax and delivery.

Thats a good price- When I sold Artesian that would be something that I'd have to get cleared with mgmt, as it was so low. . .

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2017, 03:22:38 pm »
How does the Artesian Island Elite series compare with Marquis Signature series?  I'm looking at the Epic and have wet tested.  I haven't tested Artesian yet and am trying to decide if the drive is worth it.  I'm very much looking for powerful water flow and that's why I'm interested in the HK jets on the Epic.  Does the DirectFlow jets with more pumps compare favorably?  Based on the marketing, it seems reasonable that no diverters and each seat having its own pump vs two pumps splitting the tub in two would be a good thing, but again, it's also marketing speak.

From pricing perspective, is the Island Elite in the Signature Series price range (Grand Caymen Elite/Grand Bahamas Elite vs Epic/Euphoria)?

Not dissing Artesian because I like the brand but lets look at the downsides of no diverters and a pump for every seat. The dealer is only going to give you the upsides.

1. Power consumption will be higher. More pumps=more power consumption
2. No diverters means you loose all of the micro control diverters provide. What if it's to powerful and you want to turn it down?
3. More electrical components=more that could go wrong.

Food for thought.
Retired

bwspa

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2017, 03:56:18 pm »
How does the Artesian Island Elite series compare with Marquis Signature series?  I'm looking at the Epic and have wet tested.  I haven't tested Artesian yet and am trying to decide if the drive is worth it.  I'm very much looking for powerful water flow and that's why I'm interested in the HK jets on the Epic.  Does the DirectFlow jets with more pumps compare favorably?  Based on the marketing, it seems reasonable that no diverters and each seat having its own pump vs two pumps splitting the tub in two would be a good thing, but again, it's also marketing speak.

From pricing perspective, is the Island Elite in the Signature Series price range (Grand Caymen Elite/Grand Bahamas Elite vs Epic/Euphoria)?

Not dissing Artesian because I like the brand but lets look at the downsides of no diverters and a pump for every seat. The dealer is only going to give you the upsides.

1. Power consumption will be higher. More pumps=more power consumption
2. No diverters means you loose all of the micro control diverters provide. What if it's to powerful and you want to turn it down?
3. More electrical components=more that could go wrong.

Food for thought.

Those are fair questions for sure.  Here's my thoughts, from as a recent end user but also a quality technician for consumer electronics:

I tend to run two main pumps at a time -the foot blaster and whatever seat I'm in, plus the circ pump, so if you've got 1-3 people, you're really not using more power at any given moment compared to other tubs using two pumps and a circ pump.  If you've got everything rocking n rolling, then yes more pumps equals more power.

The two Captain chairs that have their own pumps are variable power - more micro control over power than a  2-3 way diverter.  The rest of the spa has a 3-way diverter to split the pressure  between the lounger and two side seats (equally for all three or between only two at a time).

I agree more parts can equal more parts to replace in general.  Going back to my first comment, if I'm only using what I need at a time, then the other pumps will be powered down, so it should equate to better wear and tear distribution. Plus I could lose two pumps and have a very usable tub until repaired.

Specific to the pumps Artesian is using, they are switchless motors, which should minimize some of the more failure prone nature of mechanical switches.

Again, this was the rationale I used in my decision making, once I narrowed it down to a tub I liked the feel of.  I wouldn't have bought just for that had I not noticed as good or better feel than the other. 

For the Epic, if I could take the HK60 geyser jets and put them in I would, but the HK40 in the lounger didn't hit me right and with the diverter system I saw in the wet test how my wife and I had to plan out our seats more carefully as she lost what she was using when I had the HK's on in the chair.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 12:01:15 am by bwspa »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2017, 03:56:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42