What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just gettin started.  (Read 6047 times)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Just gettin started.
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 10:45:05 am »
Well here's your one. Just wet tested a marquis Epic an hour ago and couldn't wait to get out of it. This was about our sixth wet test of different manufacturers and was by far the worst. Didn't like the seats didn't like the Jets didn't like the diverter valves. Oh well we keep looking.

But having an unsatisfactory wet test of one model from Marquis does not make it a bad brand. However you are the first person who didn't like HK jets.

What was wrong with the diverters?

Did they not operate smoothly? Didn't they not do enough to adjust the power? Where they noisy?

They were hard to turn....were difficult to figure out which went to which seat.  I dont know....just the whole tub didnt feel right to us.

That's why it's important to wet test.  As far as difficult to figure out where they went to which seat.  There is only 3 settings on those valves so it's not too hard to figure out.  Did the dealer give you a rundown at all on the tub or did he just let you get in?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 10:45:05 am »

meriflower

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 11:59:19 am »
Good stuff! Will wet test for sure. Thanks for the microsilk opinion. What about ozone? Or other features I should or shouldn't include?

My Marquis had ozone but my Bullfrog doesn't - really haven't notice a difference.  It is supposed to be beneficial. Actually I just sold my Bullfrog and am getting a Marquis Spirit with the MicroSilk.  Other option was the constellation light package.  I saw the Vector series and they look neat but purchased the Spirit model which is part of their Signature series - it's a 2016 model , new, so pricing was good plus it has MicroSilk which was the main factor for me.  You might want wet test a model in the Signature series - I like the HK jets and it was something I missed and happy to come back to.  They are more money but you get a better warranty and some options come as standard (includes ozone).  MicroSilk is still an option and an expensive one at that I'm told.  But may be worth it to you - it was to me.  Come back and post your findings!  Too often people come here and post and once they get their spa up and running and the chems figured out they kind of disappear in the land of Spatopia!  :)

Sam

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 01:25:36 pm »
  Come back and post your findings!  Too often people come here and post and once they get their spa up and running and the chems figured out they kind of disappear in the land of Spatopia!  :)

Agree!  Come back  :)  Not enough experienced consumers stick around.  It's nice to have a totally different perspective than that of the industry people.

hayesj

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2017, 03:33:31 pm »
Thanks, Hoping to do some testing this weekend. I've been building the deck and hope to get the pad poured in the next two to three weeks. I'm retired, the wife still works and we live 1 1/2 hours from any dealers. Trying to get her available has been hard.

hayesj

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2017, 12:46:12 pm »
Any recommendations on which tub has the best foot therapy/ massage?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2017, 12:46:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42