What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just gettin started.  (Read 6048 times)

hayesj

Just gettin started.
« on: July 25, 2017, 05:48:55 pm »
Gee, whiz....Too many brands/ configurations. Somewhat narrowed it down to between Marquis and Artesian because of dealer location. 40 miles from either. Vector 94? Artesian Dove Canyon? I'm not really hung up on price, just want a comfortable, reliable tub. I'm 6'3'', so needs to be deep. Just me and the wife, although we entertain from time to time, so want a bigger tub. Need foot blaster massage, neck and back of course. On the fence about a lounger,... I'm going to pour a pad beside the deck and two sides will be flush with the deck so I need to know which tub before I pour. Thoughts? options I should really consider? I'd like to hear from owners and unbiased professionals.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 05:51:56 pm by hayesj »

Hot Tub Forum

Just gettin started.
« on: July 25, 2017, 05:48:55 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Just gettin started.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 07:25:18 am »
Gee, whiz....Too many brands/ configurations. Somewhat narrowed it down to between Marquis and Artesian because of dealer location. 40 miles from either. Vector 94? Artesian Dove Canyon? I'm not really hung up on price, just want a comfortable, reliable tub. I'm 6'3'', so needs to be deep. Just me and the wife, although we entertain from time to time, so want a bigger tub. Need foot blaster massage, neck and back of course. On the fence about a lounger,... I'm going to pour a pad beside the deck and two sides will be flush with the deck so I need to know which tub before I pour. Thoughts? options I should really consider? I'd like to hear from owners and unbiased professionals.

I think either of your choices will be good. But I also think you should go sit in a couple preferable wet.
Retired

Conine2965

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 08:02:14 am »
I purchased a Marquis Vector 94L. The Artesian 860 was also on the short list both models you can get with or without a lounger. Both great choices in the price range I was looking at. The 94 has great seating with good therapy in most seats. If you have a my question feel free to ask.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 05:00:56 pm »
Not one in one hundred would say something bad about either Marquis or Artesian.  As Tman said- Wet test, wet test, wet test.

Thisismyname

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 05:18:59 pm »
Well here's your one. Just wet tested a marquis Epic an hour ago and couldn't wait to get out of it. This was about our sixth wet test of different manufacturers and was by far the worst. Didn't like the seats didn't like the Jets didn't like the diverter valves. Oh well we keep looking.

Clarkp

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 06:10:09 pm »
Just spec and pour a 120" by 120" pad and don't worry about the brand / model.  Yes, concrete is expensive if you're having it poured but you'll want it at least 10 to 12 inches wider than the out-to-out on your final selection anyway.

Go ahead and order your concrete, and then call your electrician!

meriflower

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 10:45:50 pm »
We have owned Marquis and I think their HK jets provide good therapy.  They are a reputable brand and they do stand by their product and warranty.  As others said the important thing to do is wet test - it's all personable preference.  If you can wet test a model with MicroSilk try it - I absolutely love it!  I have never owned an Artesian so cannot comment.

castletonia

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 10:50:26 pm »
Both good spas.  I sold Marquis for 3 years.  Great company and great product.  Definitely wet test.  I'm 5'8" and personally don't think the Vector21 spas offer that deep of seating.  If its in your budget, check out the Marquis Euphoria, awesome spa and in my opinion has deeper seating than the V94.

Conine2965

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 12:59:34 am »
I'm 6'1 and my vector 94L is plenty deep for me but I did not set test the Euphoria to compare. But wet test any good spa you can til you find the one for you.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 06:51:05 am »
Well here's your one. Just wet tested a marquis Epic an hour ago and couldn't wait to get out of it. This was about our sixth wet test of different manufacturers and was by far the worst. Didn't like the seats didn't like the Jets didn't like the diverter valves. Oh well we keep looking.

But having an unsatisfactory wet test of one model from Marquis does not make it a bad brand. However you are the first person who didn't like HK jets.

What was wrong with the diverters?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 01:51:16 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

hayesj

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 08:37:15 am »
Good stuff! Will wet test for sure. Thanks for the microsilk opinion. What about ozone? Or other features I should or shouldn't include?

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 12:44:03 pm »
Yeah I got sniped because I hadn't thoroughly explained what I meant:  You don't really hear bad things about either brand when it comes to quality.  Hence, the wet test mantra to see what feels comfortable to you.  Apologies.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 07:01:00 am »

But having an unsatisfactory wet test of one model from Marquis does not make it a bad brand. However you are the first person who didn't like HK jets.

Did they not operate smoothly? Didn't they not do enough to adjust the power? Where they noisy?
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 09:30:52 am »

Your 6'3, how tall is your wife, If she is 5'8 or less that can make finding a tub that  you are both comfortable with. I know I wouldn't use mine as much if she wasn't with me.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Thisismyname

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 10:47:09 am »

Did they not operate smoothly? Didn't they not do enough to adjust the power? Where they noisy?

They were hard to turn....were difficult to figure out which went to which seat.  I dont know....just the whole tub didnt feel right to us.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 10:47:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42