What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Emerald Estate Hot Tub Refusing to Filter  (Read 2333 times)

m_misztal

Emerald Estate Hot Tub Refusing to Filter
« on: July 16, 2017, 02:14:25 am »
Greetings from Texas!

I'm hoping someone can help a new member out.

I have a 2009 Emerald Estate 8 person hot tub. It has 1 two speed pump, 1 single speed pump and 1 blower motor.

I picked this bad boy up for the grand price of $300. The hot tub has been fantastic except for one minor problem that I had a few months back. The single speed pump gave out. I did however buy a $120 replacement and swap it out myself.

On to the new development, the hot tub has a in.xm contol board. The GFCI setting is set to 40, just as the manual states for a 50 amp gfci breaker. The learn mode also is set to mode 2 to control all three of the pump accessories.

Despite no error codes existing, once it comes time for the hot tub to filter at night, all the pumps kick on for one minute and then all of the pump turn off. Without any of the pumps moving the water, it became super cloudy overnight.

Any insight would be appreciated. Also, in case anyone is wondering I use my hot tub as a cool tub during the summer. Meaning when it's over 100 degrees outside during the summer, I don't even think of touching the heat settings.

Cheers!

Hot Tub Forum

Emerald Estate Hot Tub Refusing to Filter
« on: July 16, 2017, 02:14:25 am »

m_misztal

Re: Emerald Estate Hot Tub Refusing to Filter
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 04:16:22 pm »
Bump.

I reset the filter to come on four times a day for 6 hours, or to cycle 24 hours a day. I haven't been in the hot tub at all but the water has cleared up a bit.

The pumps are still behaving the same way. I'm wondering if the pumps are actually moving water. I'm going to look and feel the suction inlet at the bottom of the tub today while it's filtering. Who knows, maybe it's working fine?

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Emerald Estate Hot Tub Refusing to Filter
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 04:16:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42