What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ordered Caldera Geneva  (Read 2357 times)

Spayedkitty

Ordered Caldera Geneva
« on: July 11, 2017, 03:03:30 pm »
Thank you to everyone for all of the advice and suggestions on spas.  In our search, we have read through many posts and reviews.

We just ordered the Caldera Geneva, slate cabinet, platinum shell, avante steps, hand rail, umbrella, cover, lifter 3, starter chemicals, extra chemicals, delivery, and tax, 10,500.00.  We chose not to have the stereo or speakers, over priced and we can use what we already have or buy something new from Sam's Club for much less.

This is the best price we could find on this model in our area and we like the dealer.  Very friendly, down to earth people to do business with.

It was down to the Geneva or the Envoy, in the end we didn't care for the controller on the Envoy.  We felt it is something we would drop and damage and had concerns of water damage with it.  Also we like the cabinet and footwell of the Geneva better and the grab bars.  We didn't care for the full foam idea either on the HS.  We know when the HS Envoy would eventually need serviced it would be a pain and costly.  The HS dealer was gruff, not very friendly in a snobby sort of way.  We didn't care for that either.  He was the only dealer that was over the top rude and insulting to other brands.  He also insulted us by telling us if we don't buy a HS we will be in a Yugo and do we want to be seen in a Yugo.  To us, that was insulting. 

We found both spas comfortable and nice, and either would work so it came down to the above.

We really wanted to try out Bullfrog, but with the closest dealer being nearly 2 hours away and not returning our calls, Bullfrog was no longer an option.  We weren't going to beg someone to sell us a spa.

Out of all the dealers, multiple brands we spoke with, the Caldera dealer we chose was the only one that we didn't catch in a lie.  We did our homework, so knew before talking to dealers the specs, build, and company history of the spas we were interested in.  One thing we don't like is being lied to by sales people!  I think sales people, the shady ones need to rethink their customer service approach.  Most consumers value honesty and integrity.  I know we sure do.

Now, we just have to get everything ready so our spa can be delivered when it comes in.

Thanks Again!

Hot Tub Forum

Ordered Caldera Geneva
« on: July 11, 2017, 03:03:30 pm »

Clarkp

Re: Ordered Caldera Geneva
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 04:28:04 pm »
Just try to buy a Yugo these days... you'll pay a pretty penny for a nice one.  :)

Conine2965

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 05:52:50 pm »
Nice choice I'm sure you will love it

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 06:24:07 pm »
Thank you to everyone for all of the advice and suggestions on spas.  In our search, we have read through many posts and reviews.

We just ordered the Caldera Geneva, slate cabinet, platinum shell, avante steps, hand rail, umbrella, cover, lifter 3, starter chemicals, extra chemicals, delivery, and tax, 10,500.00.  We chose not to have the stereo or speakers, over priced and we can use what we already have or buy something new from Sam's Club for much less.

This is the best price we could find on this model in our area and we like the dealer.  Very friendly, down to earth people to do business with.

It was down to the Geneva or the Envoy, in the end we didn't care for the controller on the Envoy.  We felt it is something we would drop and damage and had concerns of water damage with it.  Also we like the cabinet and footwell of the Geneva better and the grab bars.  We didn't care for the full foam idea either on the HS.  We know when the HS Envoy would eventually need serviced it would be a pain and costly.  The HS dealer was gruff, not very friendly in a snobby sort of way.  We didn't care for that either.  He was the only dealer that was over the top rude and insulting to other brands.  He also insulted us by telling us if we don't buy a HS we will be in a Yugo and do we want to be seen in a Yugo.  To us, that was insulting. 

We found both spas comfortable and nice, and either would work so it came down to the above.

We really wanted to try out Bullfrog, but with the closest dealer being nearly 2 hours away and not returning our calls, Bullfrog was no longer an option.  We weren't going to beg someone to sell us a spa.

Out of all the dealers, multiple brands we spoke with, the Caldera dealer we chose was the only one that we didn't catch in a lie.  We did our homework, so knew before talking to dealers the specs, build, and company history of the spas we were interested in.  One thing we don't like is being lied to by sales people!  I think sales people, the shady ones need to rethink their customer service approach.  Most consumers value honesty and integrity.  I know we sure do.

Now, we just have to get everything ready so our spa can be delivered when it comes in.

Thanks Again!

With all those extras you did excellent from a price standpoint.  The Geneva is a great spa.  I'm sure you will enjoy it for many years.  Great color combo as well!

bud16415

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 07:55:59 am »
You got a great deal. I wish I could have done that well on mine.

I’m sure you will love it once you get into the swing of the maintenance and such.

We found the second control panel to be the one we use the most as it just does the jets and lights. One trick they don’t tell you about the main control that is setup to work from outside the tub is if you press and hold the one button for 3 seconds it flips the display so you can read it and use it from inside the tub. Very handy when you are changing light colors and such.

Enjoy and keep us posted as you get used to it. 

TemptingDestiny

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 01:18:47 am »
Yay! Congrats on finding the perfect tub for you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 01:18:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42