What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D1 Nautilus  (Read 4376 times)

Mary521

D1 Nautilus
« on: July 10, 2017, 12:42:07 pm »
Hey everyone!

Newer to the boards here. Have been reading a little while. Finally jumping in and making a purchase on our first tub. We narrowed down based on service of companies and wet tested both caldera and D1. Went in thinking we were going to go Caldera based on reviews but the D1 was WAY more comfortable. Going Nautilus with the ultra life shell. Quoted $12k which included stainless steel jets, exterior lights, terracing skirting, delivery, running electrical, cover, stairs and 3 yr 0% financing. 10% off that if we pay in full. It's more than we were hoping to spend but it seems to have everything we are looking for and has pretty good reviews. Thanks for your comments!

Hot Tub Forum

D1 Nautilus
« on: July 10, 2017, 12:42:07 pm »

Sam

Re: D1 Nautilus
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 02:45:22 pm »
That's a great spa!  That sounds like a pretty good deal for all that they are including.  I'm surprised that they are doing the electrical.  Since you wet tested and like the dealer, I say go for it.

Mary521

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 03:19:24 pm »
Thanks, even with all the research I was nervous about whether it was a good deal. Also, as you can for any spa it seems, find both good and bad reviews.  Yeah the electrical is nice, they will install the new breaker and include up to 25' of wiring.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 07:21:57 pm »
Hey everyone!

Newer to the boards here. Have been reading a little while. Finally jumping in and making a purchase on our first tub. We narrowed down based on service of companies and wet tested both caldera and D1. Went in thinking we were going to go Caldera based on reviews but the D1 was WAY more comfortable. Going Nautilus with the ultra life shell. Quoted $12k which included stainless steel jets, exterior lights, terracing skirting, delivery, running electrical, cover, stairs and 3 yr 0% financing. 10% off that if we pay in full. It's more than we were hoping to spend but it seems to have everything we are looking for and has pretty good reviews. Thanks for your comments!

My personal favorite spa the D1 Nautilus. Have not soaked in one newer than a 2015 but it had everything I was looking for in comfort and feel then. Along with their reputation of reliability and energy efficiency. I would say the best choice out there still for me. Sure seems like the price has gone up a bit. The one I bought used in 2010 cost 8 grand new and was 2 years old. I picked it up for half that and sold it for 5 grand with a 1 year warranty less than 1 year later. It is still running strong with very few problems. But alas, they are a different company now.
Retired

Mary521

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 02:04:14 pm »
Thanks Tman, I'm excited to hear that. I know the price seemed high. But glad to know it wasn't just me that preferred D1 over Caldera. I was wondering if I was making the wrong call. :)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 08:55:33 pm »
Thanks Tman, I'm excited to hear that. I know the price seemed high. But glad to know it wasn't just me that preferred D1 over Caldera. I was wondering if I was making the wrong call. :)

Every one here has their favorite brand. For the dealers that frequent this board (there's a lot of them) of course it's the brand they are currently slinging. I don't work for a dealer and have soaked in hundreds of tubs from likely 30-40 different manufacturers. I have a couple brands that I think are the best based on my experience as a part time service tech for almost 30 years, and what I have seen and deduced. And while I have retired from opening up hot tubs for repair and I don't currently own one (I use a sauna) Dimension One has always created a quality tub, backed it's product, and they felt great. They have sold their operations to a different company and they are no longer manufactured in the USA. But that does not necessarily mean they are not as good. Even though some folks want you to think that. Those same folks think an I-Phone is the best phone, and they are made............it doesn't matter.

For what it's worth I also think Marquis shares number one. And I have preferences below number one. There are a lot of good brands and what feels best to you makes it your favorite brand. Not what someone tells you is the best.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 11:41:37 pm »
I'm a Caldera dealer but don't think you could've gone wrong either way. D-1 makes a great Spa as well. What it comes down to is what Tub fits you the best. I sell Marquis, Caldera and Nordic and have lost deals because the other brand fit there needs better. In my opinion there are about 10-12 brands that stick out from the rest and you bought one of those brands. Congrats on your purchase and happy soaking!

Sam

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 01:56:37 pm »

Every one here has their favorite brand. For the dealers that frequent this board (there's a lot of them) of course it's the brand they are currently slinging.

I don't sell D1, yet I gave him an honest, objective answer and advice.  Most sales guys here try to stay objective and offer honest information.  Not sure why you have such disdain for sales.  It's necessary and integral to the process and can make the experience a lot better for consumers.  Sure there are some sleazy used car guys in our industry.  Lots of them I'm sure.  Here though, is a fantastic group of guys that are the antithesis of that and really do try to temper their bias.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 07:19:42 am »

Every one here has their favorite brand. For the dealers that frequent this board (there's a lot of them) of course it's the brand they are currently slinging.

I don't sell D1, yet I gave him an honest, objective answer and advice.  Most sales guys here try to stay objective and offer honest information.  Not sure why you have such disdain for sales.  It's necessary and integral to the process and can make the experience a lot better for consumers.  Sure there are some sleazy used car guys in our industry.  Lots of them I'm sure.  Here though, is a fantastic group of guys that are the antithesis of that and really do try to temper their bias.

And it's been a lot of work over the years calling them on their BS to get them to change their tactics on a public forum. You are right. This board is full of mostly quality, objective opinions from dealers, mostly. And as you know Sam I am not afraid to call out any dealer who slings it here.

It always makes me the bad guy to some of the dealers and some owners of the brand I called out. And it even leaves a bad taste in some's mouths about how "I have a disdain for sales" or I see it different that someone who was convinced about the superiority of a particular brand they chose. But I represent the consumers here.

And my posts remind folks that what is slung at the stores it also a place to be careful and objective with the pitch.

Purchasing rules the transaction, not sales. Sales has the advantage, most consumers don't have the skill, I'm here to help.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 07:30:34 am by Tman122 »
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 07:19:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42