What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 7 to 10 grand budget what can we get? So Confused  (Read 9496 times)

Sam

Re: 7 to 10 grand budget what can we get? So Confused
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 01:45:32 pm »
I'd just like to add that there are some of us sales people that are honest, objective, and don't do the high-pressure sales thing.  I know there are a lot of shady "used car" types and I recommend just walking away from them.  It doesn't have to be that way and for a lot of us it isn't.  It may be harder to do this in small towns with a limited amount dealers, but in a city with multiple options you can refuse to play that game.  Some companies really do provide a good, fair price up front and don't play the negotiating game.  Reading company reviews will help you determine how they do business.  One or 2 bad reviews will happen to the best of us though, so keep that in mind.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 01:45:32 pm »

Isaac-1

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 03:26:12 pm »
If you are in a remote area with no dealers, plan to do your own maintenance and have cold weather, have you considered Arctic Spa's they are built in Canada so are designed for cold climates they will also sell direct if you don't have a dealership nearby (or at least they would a couple of years ago when I was considering one)
Isaac, don't you have an almost 20 yo full foam tub? Done any repairs in the foam? How difficult was it?

Yes, I have a 1998 Hot Spring Jetsetter, I bought it used a few years ago, after it had been sitting in storage disconnected for 5-7 years, so I don't know its full history, all I can say is if there has ever been a leak in the foam the repair was done in a way that makes it hard to spot.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 04:22:19 pm »
I'd just like to add that there are some of us sales people that are honest, objective, and don't do the high-pressure sales thing.  I know there are a lot of shady "used car" types and I recommend just walking away from them.  It doesn't have to be that way and for a lot of us it isn't.  It may be harder to do this in small towns with a limited amount dealers, but in a city with multiple options you can refuse to play that game.  Some companies really do provide a good, fair price up front and don't play the negotiating game.  Reading company reviews will help you determine how they do business.  One or 2 bad reviews will happen to the best of us though, so keep that in mind.

Well said! 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 09:51:50 pm »

Very well said. For the most part this forum is full of dealers that don't go crazy pushing there products. We know what's good and what isn't and aren't afraid to call out B.S. when we read it. I sell Marquis, Caldera and Nordic. I know there are a another dozen or so brands that I would recommend to people. I'm up front with my customers and try to sell my product. You won't here me bashing another brand in my store

39lasalle

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 09:42:18 pm »
Now is probably a good time to let you know that 17 out of the top 20 contributors to this board are sales people, some damn good reputable ones too that I have met personally...good luck with your purchase

Thank you and I certainly hope to meet some wonderful sales people that can change my mind.  Do you think I could find a 5 or 6 seat Bull Frog spa in my 7 to 10 grand price range?  I am interested in Bull Frog as well, only the nearest dealer is 2 hours away.

It would be worth a look, we sell the R7/R7L at 9600.00   It's been dang great selling spa!

Damn! That is what I paid for the A7L out the door this past Labor Day not including the rebate.

Just goes to show prices are all over the place and to shop around and find what you like with a dealer you like!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2017, 01:17:17 am »

I would say you did really good.

Sam

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 01:16:20 pm »
Yep.  I would not sell an A7L for that price.  Not even close.

Conine2965

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 04:23:28 pm »
My local dealer wanted 14k. So bullfrog was a non starter for me.

39lasalle

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 06:25:28 pm »
If i knew how to post pics from my phone I would show the floor models priced at my dealer....an A7L for 8895 and an A 8 for 10500.  Amazing deals from what you guys are saying!

Spayedkitty

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2017, 02:46:03 pm »
Our hot tub shopping thus far is mind boggling and exhausting.  Anyone that would like to chime in please do.

Sundance dealer, won't return our calls. Cross this brand off the list.

Hot Springs dealer, won't return our calls. Oh well.

Marquis, same won't return calls or emails.

Caldera dealers, prices all over the place.  One place wants 10,500 another wants 8,500 for a Makena.  Both include the same items, delivery, cover and such.

Master spas price seems ok.  Salesman told me I would buy the stereo because it's that great and worth the 400 after I told him up front NO on the stereo.  Won't be dealing with Master spas after that.

Artesian, we like the spa and the price seems fair.  We don't care for the used car salesman tactics too much.

Royal Spa, reminds me of something from the 1970's.  Plus the store was nasty, spas with brown rusty water that smelled on display.

Cal Spas, price seems fair but reading online they don't have the best reputation.  And the sealer of Cal spas is the same Caldera dealer that seems to charge a high price so we don't know if the Cal spa price is fair or not, no other dealers to compare to.

It's looking like we will most likely end up with an Artesian Grand Bahama Elite, a Caldera Makena or Tahitian.  We like the Geneva but think it's priced more than we want to spend.

Also the Caldera dealer says gravel is fine.  The Artesian dealer say no, need to use pavers.

Sam

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2017, 03:41:38 pm »
Our hot tub shopping thus far is mind boggling and exhausting.  Anyone that would like to chime in please do.

Sundance dealer, won't return our calls. Cross this brand off the list.

Hot Springs dealer, won't return our calls. Oh well.

Marquis, same won't return calls or emails.

Caldera dealers, prices all over the place.  One place wants 10,500 another wants 8,500 for a Makena.  Both include the same items, delivery, cover and such.

Master spas price seems ok.  Salesman told me I would buy the stereo because it's that great and worth the 400 after I told him up front NO on the stereo.  Won't be dealing with Master spas after that.

Artesian, we like the spa and the price seems fair.  We don't care for the used car salesman tactics too much.

Royal Spa, reminds me of something from the 1970's.  Plus the store was nasty, spas with brown rusty water that smelled on display.

Cal Spas, price seems fair but reading online they don't have the best reputation.  And the sealer of Cal spas is the same Caldera dealer that seems to charge a high price so we don't know if the Cal spa price is fair or not, no other dealers to compare to.

It's looking like we will most likely end up with an Artesian Grand Bahama Elite, a Caldera Makena or Tahitian.  We like the Geneva but think it's priced more than we want to spend.

Also the Caldera dealer says gravel is fine.  The Artesian dealer say no, need to use pavers.

Sounds frustrating.  Fyi, the Grand Bahama is a great spa and you can absolutely put it on gravel.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2017, 04:57:32 pm »

If I were a dealer I'd certainly recommend a concrete pad or pavers since you can't go wrong that way but I've seen gravel used many times without issue when done properly but you have to do it right so as long as you contain it to stop it from shifting you should be fine.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2017, 05:01:33 pm »

If I were a dealer I'd certainly recommend a concrete pad or pavers since you can't go wrong that way but I've seen gravel used many times without issue when done properly but you have to do it right so as long as you contain it to stop it from shifting you should be fine.

Yes!!!! The biggest reason a dealer says no to gravel is because it's not always done right. Pavers or concrete is harder to screw up.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 05:13:47 pm »

Yes!!!! The biggest reason a dealer says no to gravel is because it's not always done right. Pavers or concrete is harder to screw up.

True, but home owners and contractors can still fail at this.    Like the guy that did a 10X10 pad and a 1" slope for run off.   :o

Spayedkitty

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2017, 06:31:56 pm »

[/quote]

The Artesian dealer of 20 years told us the reason he doesn't like gravel is because when 2 men slide the tub onto the gravel it will not be level.  The dealer was referring to the delivery guys.  The dealer said the gravel slides around when putting the tub in place.  Another dealer told us the tub can just be shimmied.

This is why this is so confusing.  The more dealers we speak with or visit the more confusing it gets as to what the right choice is.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2017, 06:31:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42