What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: SUNDANCE OPTIMA TIME TO HOOK IT UP  (Read 2582 times)

SWAMPER

SUNDANCE OPTIMA TIME TO HOOK IT UP
« on: June 15, 2017, 01:58:11 pm »
After a bunch of wet tesating we went with the sundance spa and it finally got delivered yesterday and electrician will be out Saturday morning to hook it all up.
Only thing I don’t like is how sundance puts two electrical plugs in the outer cabinet one on each side toward the front but not one in the rear of the tub ??? my tub sits on my patio with the rear of it toward the house, the power will be coming from the rear with no factory opening to run the cable into, kind of a dumb set up. How have others run the elec cable ? I called just to check and if I drill a hole in the rear cabinet they will void the warranty on the cabinet but the lady said that the plastic skirt on the bottom I may be able to cut a hole in has anyone done this ? I’ll have to remove the side panel and make sure that I have room and can fit the cable through
That area in the lower skirt.

thanks

Hot Tub Forum

SUNDANCE OPTIMA TIME TO HOOK IT UP
« on: June 15, 2017, 01:58:11 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: SUNDANCE OPTIMA TIME TO HOOK IT UP
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 03:18:30 pm »
 Most just run the power along the abs base tucked up just under the edge/overhang of the skirt, then 90 into the equipment area.   You can come from the back, but will have to fish the wires to the front of the spa.  If you can take a side off it will be easier. 

richierich

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 03:21:13 pm »
Mine is run on the side of the spa on the ground in water tight conduit. It enters the spa on the right side near the front. Looks fine and works for me.

SWAMPER

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 03:33:06 pm »
i was thinking of going through the base just under the cabinet and run the wires down the side (inside the cabinet) to the control box
will have to unscrew the side panel but that doesn't look that bad to do

SWAMPER

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 03:41:09 pm »
richierich

you have any pic's of what it looks like

richierich

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 02:07:08 pm »
First time posting a picture, hope it works.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 02:07:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42